Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vietvet66-67 View Post
    I was in the automotive business all my life. One thing is true no matter what type of vehicle your talking about. If a customer has a problem and it is not fixed the day before it happened he will tell anyone who will listen till he makes 1000 people know his problem. If a customer has no problem, he will tell 10 or 12 what a great vehicle he bought. Just the human coming out in folks..... Just my observation, your mileage may vary.
    I agree with you 100%
    Steve and Schlonda- Virgie, Kentucky
    2017 Momentum 328M
    Morryde 8K Independent Suspension, Disk Brakes
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I'm totally pleased with mine....even with the few minor incidents I've had...
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are also in the pleased column. Will update more after the current trip.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also very pleased with my unit. I expect some issues and use this forum to find answers from other owners. Beyond the build quality of the unit itself however, is the outstanding customer service. Customer service has set a new standard in the industry. They have gone above and beyond and made me a lifetime customer. I talk about GD and their customer service to anyone who will listen
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add us to the "very pleased" list. We've had ours for over a year and, although we have had our share of issues, the customer service we get from GD makes up for it. This is our third 5th wheel and they ALL have had issues but, we have never received the level of support from a manufacturer as we have from GD.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Trevor DB Steele
    I have some very strong feelings on this. I just traded in a Landmark for a 369RL. The trailer I have now is 5 years old and after every trip it goes to the dealer for repairs. Not for broken appliances, but shoddy factory work. Valances fallen off the wall, day/night shades falling off the wall. TV falling off the wall, gas lines dragging on the ground and crimped gas lines. It is more than minor inconveniences. Read any manufacture website and they will tell how much attention to detail they spend (baloney). I take my 369 out next seek for the first trip. On my PDI the list of things wrong mean the factory did not check their work. My dealer has to spend time fixing many things the factory should have never let leave the factory. My next comment will anger many people so I will start off by saying I buy American, one reason is because I am not sure there are any imports. If the American factories don't wise up soon and someone brings in a good import, they will get a hard lesson on what took the American Car Factories way to long to learn, most people will pay for quality. I know I will because it cost money to drive to the dealer and time is a big factor also. My guess is after some imports take away a large portion of the American factories business, they will say we need to start focusing on quality because we are losing business. They are not losing business now. American factories, reduce the number of output and focus on quality, raise your price and people will flock you.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be redundant, but .... quality is often in the eyes of the beholder, just like many things. At present I am well satisfied with my GD 303 and believe there are always processes that can be improved. My unit has several "strange" repairs/replacements being made, ie: crack in fiberglass, cracked kitchen faucet, broken screen door latch, and a couple others; but none are catastrophic failures and GD quickly without hesitation agreed to replace/repair what needs to be taken care of. That is what I want when there is a legitimate issue ...... management integrity.

Yes, Grand Design management talks about having the best professional workers making quality units at affordable prices. Reality is they strive to produce a high quality product yet on any given day, one (1) person can have a bad day and affect the product line tremendously. It happens in every manufacturing plant world-wide. Hopefully Grand Design has trained personnel to help that one person having a bad day and continue to produce a better product tomorrow than was produced today and the day before and so on. Unfortunately, that did not happen with the company that built my previous 5th wheel RV; they went in a different direction - which indicated to me that I needed to spend my money with someone else. I look at RV ownership as a luxury hobby - one that gives me the opportunity to learn something new almost every time I pull it somewhere. What I wonder is, why did they put the grease zerks on the inside of the TrailAir Equa-Flex vs outside where one could easily get to them?

Truth is (in my opinion) Grand Design RV's are nothing special; nor are any other brands of RVs. What is special is how Grand Design takes care of their customers after the sale and the improvements Grand Design makes to their units as components / industry processes improve. I'm a Grand Design RV owner and glad of it !!

R. Kaiser
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

3daawgg
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    Not to be redundant, but .... quality is often in the eyes of the beholder, just like many things. At present I am well satisfied with my GD 303 and believe there are always processes that can be improved. My unit has several "strange" repairs/replacements being made, ie: crack in fiberglass, cracked kitchen faucet, broken screen door latch, and a couple others; but none are catastrophic failures and GD quickly without hesitation agreed to replace/repair what needs to be taken care of. That is what I want when there is a legitimate issue ...... management integrity.

Yes, Grand Design management talks about having the best professional workers making quality units at affordable prices. Reality is they strive to produce a high quality product yet on any given day, one (1) person can have a bad day and affect the product line tremendously. It happens in every manufacturing plant world-wide. Hopefully Grand Design has trained personnel to help that one person having a bad day and continue to produce a better product tomorrow than was produced today and the day before and so on. Unfortunately, that did not happen with the company that built my previous 5th wheel RV; they went in a different direction - which indicated to me that I needed to spend my money with someone else. I look at RV ownership as a luxury hobby - one that gives me the opportunity to learn something new almost every time I pull it somewhere. What I wonder is, why did they put the grease zerks on the inside of the TrailAir Equa-Flex vs outside where one could easily get to them?

Truth is (in my opinion) Grand Design RV's are nothing special; nor are any other brands of RVs. What is special is how Grand Design takes care of their customers after the sale and the improvements Grand Design makes to their units as components / industry processes improve. I'm a Grand Design RV owner and glad of it !!

R. Kaiser
    Very well put. I'm on my 5th RV. They've all had problems. Not all manufactures stand behind there product. I believe GD will. That's why I chose one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post

Yes, Grand Design management talks about having the best professional workers making quality units at affordable prices. Reality is they strive to produce a high quality product yet on any given day, one (1) person can have a bad day and affect the product line tremendously. It happens in every manufacturing plant world-wide. Hopefully Grand Design has trained personnel to help that one person having a bad day and continue to produce a better product tomorrow than was produced today and the day before and so on. Unfortunately, that did not happen with the company that built my previous 5th wheel RV; they went in a different direction - which indicated to me that I needed to spend my money with someone else. I look at RV ownership as a luxury hobby - one that gives me the opportunity to learn something new almost every time I pull it somewhere. What I wonder is, why did they put the grease zerks on the inside of the TrailAir Equa-Flex vs outside where one could easily get to them?Truth is (in my opinion) Grand Design RV's are nothing special; nor are any other brands of RVs. What is special is how Grand Design takes care of their customers after the sale and the improvements Grand Design makes to their units as components / industry processes improve. I'm a Grand Design RV owner and glad of it !!

R. Kaiser
    Agreed, Retread68, agreed. I also wondered the same thing about the location of the grease fittings on the Equaflex. After looking at the configuration closely, I decided it's way easier to grease them from the back side rather than remove the wheel to get to the fittings.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy - - You are exactly correct. I actually installed the Equa-Flex system on my previous 5er (a Crossroads RV Cruiser) and in the process noted that two zerks had to be located inside or the wheels taken off to lube the fittings. My problem actually was that I could not get the grease gun off the zerks after pumping grease in. Using a larger fitting did not allow a solid connection, so I just accepted the fact that we (the zerks and I) would have a fight every 6 months!
    Hope you enjoy your Solitude.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12