Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy All of a sudden new postings about many GD customers with problems

Is it me or am I reading to many postings with GD customers with to many problems and issues. My 303 should be in any day now but I'm starting to lose my excitement. I really don't like all that I'm reading lately. What has happen to the Highest level of Quality in Every unit GD talks about? Just lately many new postings of customers with to many problems.

nguyenbio
    I totally understand where you are coming from. We have used our 303 only once and love it! Of course there are little items that I can take care of myself and I'm hoping nothing major ever occurs. Keep in mind, for every one customer who has a concern or problem, there are dozens to hundreds more who don't. Just like the typical consumer, most only post or ask for help when they experience problems.
    You are right, I do see more GD customers who are having problems as of late, but they are also selling more units everyday and with more volume, this results in more chances of problems. I'm not too concerned, as long as the customer service dept. comes to our aid.
    You will love your 303! I tend to be very proactive and go through my 303 with a fine tooth comb before every outing. Call it OCD if you want. I'm a firm believer that if the problem is discovered early, the heartaches and repair is usually not too hard to swallow.

ENJOY!

Tl1000r
    Think of this , how many people will logon to any site just to say everything is fine ?

This is my third fifth wheel and fifth camper , over all they are very well built with only a few problems .

To quote my friend who is the service manager at a rv dealership . When someone asks what one to buy/is the best , his reply is that they all break , and to just pick one you like .

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lucky, you have to understand this is the Grand Design Owner's Forum and this is where Grand Design Owners talk about their model's problems. I think most are hoping for or seeking help from other owners. It's the same way on the Montana Forum, the Keystone Forum, the Forest River Forum, and on and on and on.

Here you can share with other like owners that can maybe provide some experience with the same type problems you're having. You know, the majority of the problems are not with Grand Design directly, but with their sub-contractors. Furniture, TVs, Refrigerators, Audio Equipment, Tires, so maybe by us complaining, Grand Design will change their sub-contractors.

Yes, the water leaks belong to Grand Design and by their participation on this forum they are hearing about those problems. I would think as much as they are into customer service, they are taking a look at their process and looking for fixes.

Don't give yourself an ulcer worrying about what may be. Do an extensive PDI, take as long as you like and don't let the dealer rush you until you are satisfied with your camper. If the dealer doesn't like how long you are taking, walk away.

Steve

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More units are out there now, problems will start showing up on message boards. Owners need to call the dealer, it's when you find out what kind of service they provide.
    Steve and Schlonda- Virgie, Kentucky
    2017 Momentum 328M
    Morryde 8K Independent Suspension, Disk Brakes
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't think there's any such thing as a trouble free RV of any kind.

All RV's are a conglomeration of parts from many different manufacturers, and so many parts problems are out of Grand Design or any manufacturer's control.

I would think that factories would know what problems are experienced on each model, and that they should better watch for and fix those specific common problems prior to delivery. Every RV manufacturer should have better inspectors.

It's a shame that there are minor leaks and things that can be fixed so easily. It's also a shame that so many RV owners are helpless at doing little repairs and have to haul those big suckers all the way back to dealers for such minor repairs.

Unfortunately, RV's are complicated animals, and none are without their little quirks and problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too was expecting much better based on the posts here. Most everyone has great things to say and by reading a few months ago the expectation was the trailers were near perfect. Now I wonder if there paid advertisements. I am kidding on the paid advertisement part. Save the hate mail Some of it is attitude and expectations. For what we pay I have high expectations. When I hear of attention to detail and great craftsman I don't expect nicks and chips all over a trailers interior. I expect mitered corners to line up. I dont expect showers to leak. To some that's an accident and others it shows a lack of caring. To some people these are minor things to others there more. When I unscrew the cap to dump the trailer I expect the black tank valve to not be leaking. I don't take that as a minor inconvenience on a new trailer.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said mtpocket. I don't agree because there are more units out there we should accept more problems. We might read a few more but some of the ones I'm reading I don't like. Please go on GD's website and click on Quality on the top and please read. I will take my time doing my PDI and check out everything before the dealer gets anymore of my $$. After I am satisfied then I will finish the deal. Until then my trade in will stay in my name.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am one of the one talking about MINOR problems. Overall the build quality of my GD is heads and shoulders above my previous units. Other than a water leak, which was a slide adjustment the other issues I have had have all been minor inconveniences and not show stoppers. Most are also easily attributed to towing a house over the road.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vietvet66-67
    I was in the automotive business all my life. One thing is true no matter what type of vehicle your talking about. If a customer has a problem and it is not fixed the day before it happened he will tell anyone who will listen till he makes 1000 people know his problem. If a customer has no problem, he will tell 10 or 12 what a great vehicle he bought. Just the human coming out in folks..... Just my observation, your mileage may vary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast