User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we installed only a dryer in our 2018 Solitude 375RES. Our GE residential compact dryer had a side knock out which I used and then ran the vent out the side, but much lower than the photos shown. You can vent out the rear by cutting out some of the lower rear wall material, if you use a feeler bit, you will find a horizontal 2x2 crossmember up around 12 to 14 inches above the floor. Cut the wall material along the middle of the crossmember to gain access to vent from the rear and then drill to the side, there is plenty of room behind the wall to do this. When you are done, you can put back the wall material.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mrmag00, thanks for the photos. You vent location is a lot higher than where my centerline sticker is.

flint stones, thanks for the info. I may have to explore behind the back panel.

I pulled off the access panel and included some photos. It looks like maybe I can come out the back of the dryer and straight out the wall behind (toward the front of the RV) where the hot water hose is. I’ll have to see if there is some kind of framework at that point. I’m not going to do this any time soon but I still want to know how to do it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DD57BAEA-5E2E-47ED-A409-6E6EF440A828.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	15055
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39447095-DF2A-45D2-AA1D-2A4876C3C489.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	994.1 KB 
ID:	15056
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark
    We are looking at the Splendide 2 piece unit comprising a washer and a dryer
    Thanks
    Bob
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob, Shirley,
    Where will you be in Florida this winter? I’m in Titusville. If we’re close maybe we can “compare notes” on an installation.

If/when I install one it will be the combo unit and I will do it myself.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a timely thread, having the dealer install mine on the new 375RES before I pick it up. Does anyone have any idea what these things weigh? It's hanging right out on the pin for sure.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The actual side wall marking for the dryer vent on the 310 Solitude is off the closet floor by about 18 inches. It seems to me that this is far too low. Has anyone raised their vent on the 310 model
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed the dryer vent in my 310GK for my Splendide stackable washer dryer. I took the back wall panel out and ran the dryer vent hose through that area, which is huge compared to where they have the wall marked for "drill here." There is no way to run a 4" vent through that area anyway. This worked great and I also shoved some more insulation in that area as it gets pretty hot and or cold in there. I cut a hole in the panel before I stuck it back up for the vent hose to go through. It only moved the outside vent forward a little bit. I measured and measured to make sure I got it right. the vent falls between 36 1/2" - 40 1/2" from the floor. I purposely made the hole in the back wall panel large so there is room for the vent hose to move without kinking. I recommend using rigid flex hose so it doesn't sag as much when stretched across the closet area. I'm going to use self tapping screws to mount the panel back in place since I'm not putting the trim back up.
    The panel is held in place originally by lots of brad nails so make sure you pull them all out with pliers prior to putting the panel back up. I will post a pic if someone can tell me how to do it ;-)
    Also you do have to take the door trim off to get the units in there. From measuring, if you take the door off by unscrewing the hinges and the strike plate side trim off, there is plenty of room to slide them in. It's tight but it'll work but watch your fingers.

KT
    2020 Solitude 310GK
    Last edited by FireKT; 06-22-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure which Solitude this installation of a washer/dryer combo was done in, but it's a helpful video if you are thinking of tackling this installation yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHEjsIHGqSQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FireKT View Post
    I just installed the dryer vent in my 310GK for my Splendide stackable washer dryer. I took the back wall panel out and ran the dryer vent hose through that area, which is huge compared to where they have the wall marked for "drill here." There is no way to run a 4" vent through that area anyway. This worked great and I also shoved some more insulation in that area as it gets pretty hot and or cold in there. I cut a hole in the panel before I stuck it back up for the vent hose to go through. It only moved the outside vent forward a little bit. I measured and measured to make sure I got it right. the vent falls between 36 1/2" - 40 1/2" from the floor. I purposely made the hole in the back wall panel large so there is room for the vent hose to move without kinking. I recommend using rigid flex hose so it doesn't sag as much when stretched across the closet area. I'm going to use self tapping screws to mount the panel back in place since I'm not putting the trim back up.
    The panel is held in place originally by lots of brad nails so make sure you pull them all out with pliers prior to putting the panel back up. I will post a pic if someone can tell me how to do it ;-)
    Also you do have to take the door trim off to get the units in there. From measuring, if you take the door off by unscrewing the hinges and the strike plate side trim off, there is plenty of room to slide them in. It's tight but it'll work but watch your fingers.

KT
    2020 Solitude 310GK
    We have a 2021 344GK and Grand Design has relocated the "drill here" sticker to behind the closet wall almost exactly where you describe. They added a small access panel, but realistically the closet wall needs to be completely removed to get a drill and 4" hole saw in there. The forward facing wall is held in with about 8 million brad nails, and an equal amount of staples so it makes for a long day if you want to remove it cleanly. We also used a few self tapping screws to remount the wall after the vent and piping were sorted. Like you, we took the opportunity to add a full 30 foot roll of R-30 insulation to the front cap area after seeing what a half assed job the factory did. We also installed the Splendide stackable washer dryer, and yes the doors and trim need to be removed, but it's fairly simple. The biggest thing I would suggest is adding shut-off valves in the basement as the factory one's will be fairly inaccessible once the W/D is installed. (They're chintzy anyway)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shut off valves are a great idea.....I should’ve thought of that. Into the belly I go lol. Yes I know all too well about the brad nails. I didn’t take my door off just the strike side. I lifted the bed up and swung the door past it and it gave me plenty of room to squeeze the units in. So far so good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast