User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goaltender View Post
    How does this very from VPN from a security stand point?
    A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is usually used to separate traffic on a single network, for example most of the ones I worked with were to prioritize and separate Voice Over IP (VOIP) traffic from the data network of the computers. I have also seen them used to separate different types of data when there were different needs on a single network such as keeping the traffic of students separate from the traffic of teachers in a school.

What I have built in my RV is a seperate secure physical network with WIFI access for my devices. The Ubiquiti M2 is a WIFI transceiver that connects to the park's wifi using whatever security the park requires. It then connects by a physical Ethernet connection to the WAN or internet port of my personal router in the same manner one would connect to the internet in a home. My personal router requires a physical Ethernet connection for each device or a password to connect by WIFI.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    The thing I found was that the one control appears to have a static IP address on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet. I went into the admin of my router and changed the LAN IP address of the router to 192.168.1.1 which Put my router on the same subnet as the one control. I did not have the change my SSID or anything else other than the LAN IP of the router. I don't remember the IP which assigned to the one control so make sure it is connected to your router when you power the router on so it will tell the router what IP address it is using otherwise the router might have already dynamically assigned that IP address which would cause an IP address conflict and nothing will work right.

I tried to access the one control router but could not get in, but since you can get there you might be able to look in the status screens and find which IP address the One Control is using then change the DHCP range being assigned by your new router to exclude that address. You would then eliminate the possibility of an IP address conflict.
    The onecontrol router is setup using DHCP. It is setup to dish out IP starting with 192.168.1.100. The canbus to ethernet adapter grabs the 192.168.1.100 address.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecactus View Post
    The onecontrol router is setup using DHCP. It is setup to dish out IP starting with 192.168.1.100. The canbus to ethernet adapter grabs the 192.168.1.100 address.
    What Ireferred to as the One Control unit, you say is a canbus to Ethernet adapter. Probably wrong terminology on my part, that unit appears to have a static IP which is why I had to set up the IP scheme in my router as I did.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Ireferred to as the One Control unit, you say is a canbus to Ethernet adapter. Probably wrong terminology on my part, that unit appears to have a static IP which is why I had to set up the IP scheme in my router as I did.
    I got mine to work with my pepwave soho mk3. You are correct the canbus to ethernet adapter appears to be static. I had to set my Soho mk3 to 192.168.1.2. On my 2019 399th The canbus to ethernet adapter is 192.168.1.1. That's why the router admin would stop working because the soho router and canbus adapter were on conflicting ip's. I thought it was wierd the lippert one control router was set to 192.168.1.2 and it dawned on me that I bet they are conflicting. I did an ip scan to verify and set my soho mk3 router to 192.168.1.2 and Now everything works as expected.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a question for you guys that have done this. How does the OneControl app work now? Does it still look for the "myrv" SSID ? If so I am assuming you are keeping the factory WIFI unit in place. Is there anyway to change the timeout settings on the app?

I bought the equipment in the original post and will be attempting this here soon. I do have some networking experience so not totally a newbie at it.
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2017 Ram 3500 4X4 Megacab DRW CTD Aisin with B&W companion hitch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roady1 View Post
    So a question for you guys that have done this. How does the OneControl app work now? Does it still look for the "myrv" SSID ? If so I am assuming you are keeping the factory WIFI unit in place. Is there anyway to change the timeout settings on the app?

I bought the equipment in the original post and will be attempting this here soon. I do have some networking experience so not totally a newbie at it.
    I am using mine through my private network SSID, The MYRV...is disconnected and sitting in the cupboard with no power or anything at all connected to it.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome that is what I wanted to hear. Did you have to deinstall the app and then reinstall it to go through the setup again?
    2017 Momentum 350M
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roady1 View Post
    Awesome that is what I wanted to hear. Did you have to deinstall the app and then reinstall it to go through the setup again?

No, I have it on the IPAD and it works fine. The IPhone does not work but since I almost never use it through the app I haven't tried to fix it.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hope to get it setup this weekend. Will update here with my progress and thanks for posting the info for others to try.
    2017 Momentum 350M
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using mine through my private network SSID, The MYRV...is disconnected and sitting in the cupboard with no power or anything at all connected to it.
    Same here, the power cable is completely disconnected from the onecontrol router. With android products, the lippert one control app only "sees" network SSIDs starting with myRV_ , you can name it whatever you want after the _

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast