User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: satellite?

reeldeal

satellite?

We picked up our Reflection 323 BHS today. Can somebody give me basic instructions on how to hook up my satellite? I use a tailgater by dish, coax only, no hdmi. Sorry about the basic question but could somebody please walk me through it? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum reeldeal and congratulations on your new Reflection! Sorry I can't help you with the tailgater, but I'm sure someone will be by here soon to help you out.

Steve

reeldeal
    Thanks, I'm really just needing to know how the coax is run from the utility center to the living room, bedroom, etc. I'm assuming that there is one coax wire running from the utility center to the living room since there is an open coax port on each end? I was wondering if that was basically a home run wire for a satellite hook up. If that is the case can I hook my satellite to the port in the utility center, which would send my signal to the living room, attach my receiver the other end in the living room picking it up, then hook my receiver to the coax port labeled "cable" to get it back to the tv? I'm probablly wrong but looking for some direction. Thanks!

Shane

nguyenbio
    reeldeal,

I also have the tailgater. Here are the steps I took...
    1) Hook your tailgater coaxial to the input near the valves that is labeled living room.
    2) There should be an unused coaxial output in one of the compartments next to your stereo, this should be your satellite output. Use a coaxial to connect this to the back of your receiver box that is labeled sat.
    3) Now you have to connect the receiver to the TV. In mine, I have a HD box so I fished an HDMI from the box to the TV (This was an ordeal).
    4) Turn everything on and go through the on screen setup.
    5) ENJOY!!!

Let me know if you need anything else!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enguyenbio--how does the TV move.......ours seems rigid and I do not want to break anything ?
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

nguyenbio
    I did not remove the TV. The hole which all cables run through is located behind the TV at the bottom left. I removed the stereo and then ran the cable from the top into that hole. Took a while but did it. There might be an easier way, but hey....I like challenges!

reeldeal
    Awesome, thanks for the help!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toes in the water ..... the TV is "secured" to the wall with a 4-point bracket. It is a tight fit, but if you grasp the TV at the bottom corners, push inward a bit and push upward at the same time, the TV will come up and you can remove it from the bracket. When I say it is a "tight fit", I mean mine was very snug! There are 4 mounting lugs screwed to the back of the TV that fit into key-hole type slots in the bracket. Hope this helps.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retread--thanks so much !.....I appreciate this and so will nguyenbio along with many other GD owners I am sure. I will give it a shot on Monday PM after we take it out of storage. I thinking about adding our Sony 5.1 1000 watt receiver and surround sound so movies and music sound really fine. Might even try to fit in a 39-42" TV too.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide