User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim. Sounds like a good plan. I did look into the Royal City Bowmen a month or two back. I was quite surprised to see such a nice facility in my area. Thanks again.
    "Every Day Is A Good Day"

Marco
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    2019 Imagine XLS 21 BHE
    2017 Nissan NV3500 Van 5.6L V8 and decked out to tow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did but that was a couple of life times ago, enjoyed it so much. Life got in the way for years, by the time I could get back to it age and the shoulders just didn't want to play anymore. Not to give the time frame away but was using a Fred Bear compound recover at the time. Still go out in the woods but just looking now.
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been a bowhunter for the last 48 years. I shoot the old recurves and longbows. Own about 35 of the rascals. Always loved the old Ben Pearsons and especially the Mercury series bows. I have a couple of the Mercury Marauder td's. My 64# er I took a black bear, coyote, bobcat and a nice whitetail buck in the same year. Love to shoot 3ds in the spring, summer and fall. Can't even tell you how many deer I've taken (lost count a long time ago). I've taken deer,antelope, sheep, bear, turkeys, rattle snakes, rabbits, squirrels and other critters. Shoot carp in the summer too. I shoot almost everyday and still enjoy it. Nothing like watching the flight of an arrow!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a youth, my parents and I did field archery together, travelling to competitions around West Texas. It was a fun. Unfortunately, high school arrived and my interests changed. Mom and dad continued to shoot for a while. I know they shot Bear breakdowns. I was a string-walker who shot a custom made Groves breakdown. I gravitate to the archery section about anytime I am in Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's. The field archery was fun and was modeled to some degree on golf courses. I can vaguely remembering seeing my first compound bow and was impressed at the flat-line trajectory at 100 yards as opposed to the arc of my shots from my 35 pound recurve.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shoot a hoyt charger that's a few years old. Love to deer hunt as we talked about. Next bow will probably not be a hoyt as their flagships are getting way too rich for my blood.

I can't shoot at home because of the local ordinances but I have access to a couple nice ranges nearby including one really good field archery range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep! I'm a bowhunter. Pretty much have given up the compounds, shoot mainly longbows now. I have started building them in the last few years. much more gratifying shooting something you've made. Chasing Javelina with a bow is second only to Elk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent a lot of time bow hunting for deer in the fall and turkeys in the spring. I took several deer with a bow before I ever hunted with a rifle. That was all before marriage and then the kids came along and I wasn’t able to hunt nearly as much.

The kids are all grown and on their own now so I’m planning to dust of the old bow. My son wants to bow hunt turkeys this spring. Taking a turkey with a bow and without a blind is a true challenge.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like spring turkey season too. I've shot them without a blind with a recurve. Also shot a double one morning out of a popup blind. Calling them in is so much fun. I've got a flock of 30 that have been working up and down our creek bottom for the last month. Usually see them morning and evening.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been bowhunting for 31 years. Taken some Elk when I get drawn,.
    When I got married DW expessed an interest. So I set her up with a nice PSE, and showed her the ropes. In 2006, she took a record book Bull.
    A 6x7 with 55" main beams and 42.5" inside spread. The shot was 9 yards as the herd bull was mounting one of his cows. All by herself!!
    It was opening day, and when I arrived back at camp that evening, Julie was already there. She asked me what was my minimum bull for the hunt.. I told her a really nice 5x5 or just about any 6 point. She replied "Good, then a 6x7 is OK?" I was like "you didn't?" She said, "Yes, I need some help."
    We waited for my brother to return with his truck., as the bull was 5 miles away. When his trucks headlights hit him my brother exclaimed "Oh my God. I don't think we can beat this"

I am very proud of her. Teaching her how to hunt was one of the best things I ever did. She took it very seriously and turned into one of the best hunters and best shots I know.
    Last edited by huntindog; 02-20-2022 at 02:09 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, elk hunt every year. Usually spend 2-3 weeks in the woods every september. Shot a nice 6x6 this past fall. Just picked up a new Hoyt Ventum Pro 33. Put in for Moose, Elk, Sheep, Deer, Bear, and pronghorn next year. Only really expecting to draw an elk and deer tag.
    Tow Vehicle- 2022 Ford F350 6.7 Powerstroke short bed
    Trailer- 2022 Momentum 21G, factory solar and generator, with 412ah SOK lithium batteries.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast