User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek motor failure = great service call

Last weekend I had some issues with my Fridge side slide on my 2017 Reflection 29RS. When extending it, the front motor would start before the rear one, then they seem to take turns stalling. Retracting it was worse with the rear motor not starting at all. I would let it go about three inches, then extend it back out and start over. Then the rear motor would go, but the timing was off between the 2, and the front was usually finished first. I did some searching on the Forum and was directed to several YouTube videos from Lippert (they make Schwintek). One was on zeroing the motors by extending fully, retracting 8 inches, and extending fully then hold the button down for an extra 3-5 seconds, repeat minimum 3 times. That did not work. The next was on diagnosing the problem from the Schwintek control modules, and how to over ride the control module. I was able to determine one motor was drawing high amperage, and was not so worried now that I knew I could over ride it to get the slide back in.

I called my GD Dealer, Four Seasons in Virden, Manitoba. They have a fleet of mobile service trucks, but there were none out in the area I was camped. They did make a work order, and said they would have someone come to my house the next week. Good news, as it is a 3.5 hour drive for me to go to bring it in for service to Virden from Winnipeg. They called me on Tuesday and made an appointment for Friday. Called me at work when the service man was at my house, and I met him at home. He replaced both motors. The rear one did not run consistently. The front one had a hale sensor the was too far away from the wheel on the end of the motor, which may have made it difficult to keep up the correct rotational count to keep the 2 motors in time. He also changed where the wiring harness sat and secured it very well to make sure it did not pull apart when the slide moved.

All in all, an excellent service experience. This was also the first and only problem we have had with this trailer in the 1.5 years we have had it.
    Greg & Lisa (and the Yorkies - Rocky & Adrian)
    Winnipeg, MB
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ Duramax

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a wonderful dealer you have. I'm glad to hear you got it fixed.

Jim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, dealer has mobile repair fleet! Awesome. Glad it worked out.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to here. Our 29RS is only 1 year old, hope I don't have this problem next year.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G&LinWPG View Post
    They have a fleet of mobile service trucks... All in all, an excellent service experience.
    Wow. Instead of stacking up trailers like cordwood on a 10 acre lot like apparently the majority of dealers do, these guys go to where the trailer is and fix it on the spot. Mobile techs right from the dealership. I second TucsonJim's comment--you're lucky to have such a great dealership to work with.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Wow, dealer has mobile repair fleet! Awesome. Glad it worked out.
    Yes they do... 5 hour radius around their dealership. Used them twice. once for a window seal and once for the caulking cracking up on the roof, trailer was 2 weeks old bought new. Free service calls (mileage) for 3 years if bought new. They have sold a lot of trailers in our area.
    If you cant dodge it, RAM it.:jaw:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbucket View Post
    Yes they do... 5 hour radius around their dealership. Used them twice. once for a window seal and once for the caulking cracking up on the roof, trailer was 2 weeks old bought new. Free service calls (mileage) for 3 years if bought new. They have sold a lot of trailers in our area.
    Ask if they'd like to open a satellite office in south Florida.
    Almost impossible to schedule service here, and then the quality of work is horrendous !!!
    Wind up doing all my own repairs and lucky that I haven't needed anything major.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]