Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori.glory2god View Post
    Greeting fellow Grand Designers!
    I just did the quarterly rubber roof washing. This time, there are what appears to be mold lines every 4 foot. I am assuming they are where the wood platforms butt up against each other. I have owned a camper for over a decade and this is new to me. Should I be worried? I am assuming it is a break in roof insulation that goes with the joints of the wood panels and running my AC has caused issues with condensation?
    Overall, i love my 303rls, few crazy things i would change (Speaker in bedroom, second speaker near the tv, battery kill switch on same side as convenience center and the painful back up camera that has no off switch) but this is the first one that has me a little concerned.
    Obviously aesthetically, i can live with it. But is it pointing to a larger problem?
    Is this simply aesthetic? Or damaging? I have same on our 303.

Bill & Jan

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue on our 303,I just used a mildew remover product with no bleach and a medium soft scrub brush , most of the mould came off,but,from what I understand it has to be done every year.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand it is just aesthetic,but,you have to deal with the mould,it will grow.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Solitude roof had the black stain when we bought it new. I cleaned it earlier this year with 30 Second Cleaner I got from Lowe's. It worked like a charm.

The black stain is back so I will have to clean it again. My wife does not want me on the roof (I will be 70 in February) so I may ask the guys who give me my twice yearly wash and wax to do it.

The 30 Second Cleaner removed all of it with only a quick swipe of a nylon bristle brush
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    I wrote Alpha Systems and inquired on an approved cleaning method for a TPO roof that has this issue of mold along the trusses. Attached is the procedure and I was a bit surprised on some of the more aggressive techniques. However the mold needs to be removed....with care.
    Regarding the use of roof cleaning agents........be advised they may streak or damage your gel coat and decals when you rinse the roof after scrubbing. I learned the hard way.
    Scotty P
    2019 Momentum 351M
    2018 Dodge Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    Update: 30 Second Cleaner works! I finally got around to cleaning the black stuff from the roof. 30 Second Cleaner literally turns the black to yellow as soon as you spray it on and I was able to scrub it clean with a long handle sponge mop with a stiff plastic brush on the opposite side of the foam pad. Rinse and do another place. I was able to do the entire roof plus the slide roofs in about 45 minutes. I rinsed the run off from the walls and windows. Coach is getting washed and waxed later this week.

Attachment 19522

Attachment 19523
    I know this is an older post, but what is the product name that you used? Is it 30 Second Cleaner? Where to buy?

Thanks,

Bill G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    I know this is an older post, but what is the product name that you used? Is it 30 Second Cleaner? Where to buy?

Thanks,

Bill G
    I think this is what you are looking for. https://www.lowes.com/pd/30-SECONDS-...leaner/3556942
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed and Cathy K View Post
    I think this is what you are looking for. https://www.lowes.com/pd/30-SECONDS-...leaner/3556942
    Thanks. Just returned form buying. No lines at Lowes.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s where I get mine from.. also not to bad on cleaning decks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)