Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roof with Mold line every 4 foot

Greeting fellow Grand Designers!
    I just did the quarterly rubber roof washing. This time, there are what appears to be mold lines every 4 foot. I am assuming they are where the wood platforms butt up against each other. I have owned a camper for over a decade and this is new to me. Should I be worried? I am assuming it is a break in roof insulation that goes with the joints of the wood panels and running my AC has caused issues with condensation?
    Overall, i love my 303rls, few crazy things i would change (Speaker in bedroom, second speaker near the tv, battery kill switch on same side as convenience center and the painful back up camera that has no off switch) but this is the first one that has me a little concerned.
    Obviously aesthetically, i can live with it. But is it pointing to a larger problem?
    Traveling Light with 4 Best Friends
    Weekend Warriors and Vacationeers

Current Camper 2018 303RLS with 2015 Ford 250 Diesel Quad Cab

Previous: 2012 Outback Sydney 10 year Anniversary 322RL (to long) 2015 Ford 250 Diesel
    2009 Outback Sydney 28FRL (no enough floor space for 4 dogs 2013 Ford 250 Gas
    2008 Heartland Trail Runner TT (no slide) 2008 Nissan Titan

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've seen this reported a few times and I sure wouldn't want that condition on my roof. You are correct - these are where the underlying roof panels meet.

I'd contact GDRV customer service and ask if the issue presents a problem for future warranty claims. I'd also ask them about special cleaning instructions. You can call GDRV customer service on Monday to discuss it with them. Their number is 574-825-9679.

In addition, I'd contact the manufacturer of the roofing materials - Alpha Systems. They are located in Elkhart Indiana. Their phone number is 574 295-5206.

Be prepared for your phone call - Have your VIN readily handy, and I'd suggest you have some pictures available if they want to see the problem.

Jim

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take plenty of pictures while you're up there. Grand Design is going to want to see them.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much. I will get on it this week.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had not thought of that. I will get them tomorrow. Thank you.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori.glory2god View Post
    Had not thought of that. I will get them tomorrow. Thank you.
    Just FYI... if you use the "Reply With Quote" at the bottom right of the entry to which you are responding (like I've done here), readers will know to whom you are responding.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori.glory2god View Post
    Greeting fellow Grand Designers!
    I just did the quarterly rubber roof washing. This time, there are what appears to be mold lines every 4 foot. I am assuming they are where the wood platforms butt up against each other. I have owned a camper for over a decade and this is new to me. Should I be worried? I am assuming it is a break in roof insulation that goes with the joints of the wood panels and running my AC has caused issues with condensation?
    Overall, i love my 303rls, few crazy things i would change (Speaker in bedroom, second speaker near the tv, battery kill switch on same side as convenience center and the painful back up camera that has no off switch) but this is the first one that has me a little concerned.
    Obviously aesthetically, i can live with it. But is it pointing to a larger problem?
    I wrote Alpha Systems and inquired on an approved cleaning method for a TPO roof that has this issue of mold along the trusses. Attached is the procedure and I was a bit surprised on some of the more aggressive techniques. However the mold needs to be removed....with care.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alphaply Cleaning Procedure.pdf  
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow Jim, that really is aggressive. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Jim

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    I wrote Alpha Systems and inquired on an approved cleaning method for a TPO roof that has this issue of mold along the trusses. Attached is the procedure and I was a bit surprised on some of the more aggressive techniques. However the mold needs to be removed....with care.
    I might try this as well, I have some of the same lines as you describe. Is there any concern when rinsing the bleach off for damaging or discoloring any decals or the side walls (I don't have full body paint)? I know you could always pre rinse the side before rinsing the roof so it will less likely stick to the sides.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I might try this as well, I have some of the same lines as you describe. Is there any concern when rinsing the bleach off for damaging or discoloring any decals or the side walls (I don't have full body paint)? I know you could always pre rinse the side before rinsing the roof so it will less likely stick to the sides.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I think I see where they are going with the brass brush since the TPO has a texture that the thin brass bristles may be able to clean out efficiently. I found a "Osborn Brass Brush" on Amazon for $10.01 and will order it. The pressure washer is something that I will stay away from. Since the bleach is painted on, a quick rinse with a hose should dilute it instantly. Then follow up by hosing down the sides.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast