Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difference Between Reflection and Reflection 150

Hello,
    I'm new the forum. I'm not sure if there is an "introduce yourself" section or not, but I did not see one ( I am on my first cup of coffee though).

My wife and I are looking at Reflections fifth wheels and there are a couple of floorplans we like.

I was just wondering if someone could tell me the specific differences between the Reflection and Reflection 150 models. Looking at the construction specs, they appear to be the same. We did notice one model Reflection had pendant lights while a similar floor plan on the 150 did not, but that couldn't explain the difference in weight!

We'll be leaving it on a site year round at a campground that we go to on weekends. In the future, it's possible we may get a pickup to pull it but for now, it's just to visit.

Thank you

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, there is a new member thread.
    The differences I believe are all in the construction. Aluminum frame in the Reflection vs. more wood in the 150 series. There is also anther slide in the Reflection. Although the layouts are similar they are different and this shows in the weight as well. We looked at both the 295RL and the 303 and 29RS. We chose the 29RS for various reasons one being the walk thru bath. Also the bedroom slides adds more storage and space beside bed(could be a little more space). They are all good units but if you really look at them beyond cosmetics you will see the differences. We travel with ours and wanted a little more space than the 150's provide but lots of others really like them.
    Good luck in your search.

Brian

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few other difference . . .
    The 150 Series usually have a smaller fridge than the regular Reflections
    150s do not have auto levelling which is standard on the regular.
    150s have a turning point hitch which provides clearance in a short box truck without a sliding hitch.
    With the lighter weight of the 150s, frame, suspension and structure are also lightened.

The 150s are very similar to earlier Reflections . . . before the above mentioned (and other) equipment became standard.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 150's were design to keep the weight down allowing Grand Design to promote the 150 as being capable of being towed with half ton pickup. It also has the swivel fifth wheel pin to allow use with a short bed.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smaller refers, no sold surface countertops, smaller microwaves, no bedroom slides, bathrooms like Imagines, no self leveling......in a nutshell.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    The 150's were design to keep the weight down allowing Grand Design to promote the 150 as being capable of being towed with half ton pickup. It also has the swivel fifth wheel pin to allow use with a short bed.
    I’d like to point out that this turning point setup (same as the Reese Sidewinder) cannot be used with a “slider” 5th wheel hitch.

I found this out while I was installing my B&W Patriot Slider fifth wheel hitch and read the printed instructions that came in the box.

Also, I have pulled our 150-series 220RK trailer about 2200 miles over the past 4 months and have never once needed to use the slider feature, and when we left back then I was new to towing and terrible at backing in.

[emoji4]

Also, in my opinion, the half-ton thing is a gimmick, we have the smallest and lightest model 150-series and tow it with a three-quarter ton diesel, I can’t imagine towing it with a smaller truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also... If you’re looking at the 150-series because you already have say... a Tundra, I’d steer clear and get a smaller trailer.

But there’s tons of threads here on that topic, I suggest doing some reading up on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 150 series don't have wooden frames they are aluminum like the Reflection line. The gas lines are rubber vs black pipe on the Reflection. The ceiling in the BR is a couple inches shorter on the 150 series. The basement is smaller.

Having said that they are near perfect if you want a smaller, lighter, easily maneuvered RV.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I’d like to point out that this turning point setup (same as the Reese Sidewinder) cannot be used with a “slider” 5th wheel hitch.
    It sure can....you just do not remove the transport bolts that keep it from pivoting, and do not use the wedge. If used with a Pullrite Superglide, use the wedge instead of a Capture Plate and keep the bolts in.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, The newer reflection do not have metal gas lines. my 2018 303RLS has rubber.
    2018 303RLS dual AC , table with chairs and 3 awning covers.. pulled by a 2021 GMC 3500 AT4, Andersen hitch with Factory turnover ball

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast