User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to my recent post - “Suspension Greasing Tips” - you might find it helpful. By the way, I do a grease job every 5,000 miles and I use Red Line grease.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-Greasing-Tips

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chiefblueman! Have you went to MORyde suspension yet? If so what one did you use? I am hoping to get through the winter with the factory set-up.
    Yes I did check the brakes and seals! And yes they were leaking! Scott

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a note - while under there check the torque on the spring hangers (U-bolts holding spring to axle) Many have found them loose. There is a separate thread on this a while back.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SGillis View Post
    Thanks Chiefblueman! Have you went to MORyde suspension yet? If so what one did you use? I am hoping to get through the winter with the factory set-up.
    Yes I did check the brakes and seals! And yes they were leaking! Scott
    I used the CRE3000 equalizers and Morryde shackle and wet bolt kit.http://www.morryde.com/products/70-h...le-upgrade-kit
    I'm very happy with these products. The shackle kit is about $85 on Amazon. The Equalizers were for 35 inch wheelbase I think, best to check and make sure which one to use. Measure between the ends of the axles, I'm pretty sure it's 35 inches. I suffer from CRS.

If you're not towing you can get away without changing the bushings. If you will be doing much towing I'd highly recommend getting those plastic bushings replaced. Mine were worn through on delivery. Contact Grand Design about the leaking seals, they may still replace them for you. If replacing your greasy brakes, that would be the time to install the EQ's and the suspension parts.

Good advice from powerscol, the U-bolts will likely need re-torqueing. They should be checked periodically until the stabilize.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you powerscol and Chiefblueman! I will check those u bolts. I am towing this so I will have to replace that stuff. I have that same CRS problem. Yea I called GD and LCI. They dont care whats going on when you are the second owner! Scott

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving an old thread but no truer words spoken than to check......everything! GD is nowhere near what it's cracked up to be. I too noticed GLOBS or grease on the zirk fittings of my suspension. I got suspicious and went to work with my grease gun. ALL of the wet bolts and the equalizers were dry. I didn't push anything out until I saw my new grease come through. Four I couldn't get anything to go through. Since I had an appointment with the dealer already they got the job of greasing them. They wanted to bill me time because they had to take the apart and clean out the rust and reinstall before they would take grease. A nice B!^(h session with Grand Design customer service, pointing out the lack of workmanship as detailed in their warranty got that removed.
    It's really nice to have the wet bolts but they should be installed properly and greasing them is part of the installation.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving the old thread yet again.

We're picking up our 2022 Reflection tomorrow and I'll be sure to check for signs of "fake" grease. Since this is a new trailer, I'm assuming that it comes with a new trailer warranty. I don't want to do anything to void that warranty, so I don't think I'll be changing anything on the suspension - yet. Next year may be a different story.

I'll probably be getting a grease gun in the near future, though. Since we're full-timers, I suspect that I'll be doing most of the routine maintenance. I'll probably start a thread about grease, grease guns, and other tools next week, after we get the new trailer home and we can start getting things moved from the Foretravel into the Reflection.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the new Reflection 315RLTS is home and we're moving in. I asked about greasing the axles and was told that I don't need to grease anything, and that there aren't any zerks. We've been busy moving in, so I haven't had time to crawl around underneath to see what's what. We have discovered some minor discrepancies between what's in the trailer and what we read, so I don't know for sure what I actually have until I verify it. Are there some trailers that don't need zerks?
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Reflection 312 bhts has 14 Zerk fittings on what are called “wet bolts” that attach the springs to the frame and to a thing called the CRE 3000 between the axles. And. I too was not informed that they should be greased.

The rig started to creak and moan after a few thousand miles.

Now I grease em all every couple of thousand miles.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    Well, the new Reflection 315RLTS is home and we're moving in. I asked about greasing the axles and was told that I don't need to grease anything, and that there aren't any zerks.
    Glad you got it home ok. Unless they changed stuff there are zerks. When you have time go underneath and verify.

Now the fin starts!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast