User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Glad you got it home ok. Unless they changed stuff there are zerks. When you have time go underneath and verify.

Now the fin starts!

Bill
    My 398 axles don't have any zerk fitting either, not that I would use them, I only hand pack bearings, but it was unexpected to not have them. My axles are manufactured by Curt.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well GD appeares to be consitent. Mine showed up too with no grease in the wet bolts, and worse, an attemp to cover up with a dab of grease on each zerk.
    The dealers must know this going on and mine never attempted to address it during PDI.......an entire separate rant - maybe later.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    I asked about greasing the axles and was told that I don't need to grease anything, and that there aren't any zerks.
    I have the same model and year as you and I do have wet bolts with zerk fittings. The fittings are only visible from underneath the coach (the zerks face inward so you can grease the bolts without removing the wheels.) I went looking for them a couple weeks ago because the suspension is starting to make a lot of cracking and popping noises. I'm pretty sure they need to be greased more than they were from the factory. I'll get that done between now and the time I leave for the next outing. I just received the LockNLube I ordered and I'm going to pretty much use the procedure @howson outlined.
    Don and Linda along with Trixie and Chase the Camping Dogs
    Jacksonville, Florida

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 Duramax Crewcab LTZ
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 22 Reflection 303rls. I would have never thought to check until I read this post. Mine took several pumps to push out grease, so don't know if they were entirely dry. I also had to jack up the springs to get grease on the rear hanger on both sides.

Both zerks on the center hangers broke off and had to back out and replace.
    Scott and Brenda
    2019 F250 6.2
    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a grease gun and a tube of grease this afternoon. With winds of 40 gusting to 80 I didn't really want to be outside playing with a device that is intended to make a mess, so I'll wait until a nicer day to try greasing things.

Scott, please describe what you mean by "jacking up the springs." Is this process going to take one or two tires off the ground? Should I hook up to the truck for added safety?
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had mine hooked up to the truck. Not really sure how the wet bolts are installed, but hopefully some one will chime in.

Again info that I pick up on this forum. I put a bottle jack under the axle and jacked up until I saw the spring "flatten out" , then could get the grease in, still tuff.
    Scott and Brenda
    2019 F250 6.2
    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes you may have to unweight the spring hanger bolts, by raising the trailer, to take pressure off the spring hanger bolts. This usually happens when the bolts are put in with the grease holes at, or near, 12 o'clock.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While waiting for the truck I decided that I would grease what I could today. First time ever using a grease gun, so it probably took me twice as long as it would someone else. Loaded the grease gun (brand new), got the air out, then pumped grease into the tube. Took a roll of paper towels with me under the trailer. Cleaned off the zerks, attached the grease gun, and started squeezing. Some took several squeezes, some took only one. I would have expected that all would have been the same, but after reading this thread I knew better. Depending on when we get the truck back we will travel anywhere from 1000 miles to 1400 miles before we get to our hosting gig. I'll grease again there.

I bought the grease gun from a local retailer, and they didn't have the LocknLube tip on hand that day, and I forgot about getting one until today. I'll definitely get one before the next session.

After crawling around under the trailer today I'm not looking forward to getting up tomorrow morning. I may need an extra Aleve pill tonight.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, we made it to Graham Cave SP, just over 1000 miles. Do I need to grease again before we head out to Wyoming?
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remember folks if you have the Dexter EZ-Flex center equalizer - be sure to grease the two top zerks. They are inside the center hanger. Looks like this https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...13-144-03.html
    Last edited by powerscol; 04-14-2023 at 08:37 AM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast