Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received the flash drive with the manual from GD. I was very impressed when I received a call from GD after I sent an email asking a question. I have never received a call from my dealer after the sale. Unlike the numerous calls I received trying to sell me the unit.
    Joe - Dallas, Texas
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I asked is that I got calls from the GM of all of Grand Design (Marc Hauser) with follow up calls from the GM ( Micah Staley) of the dept. that builds the Reflections line and then got a call from one of the owners, Bill Fenech, making sure I was being taken care of and if not to be sure and let him know. This started when I called Dean and JD in the service dept. about the water leak I have in one of my slides as well as the fireplace won't turn on. Within 2 days I received a replacement control panel that JD sent out. I also discovered that the facia on the slide on the wall the door is on rubs the front of the couch , the GM of the Reflections div. was aware of that being an issue for some folks and their fix is to replace the sofa that has been redesigned so it doesn't stick out as far. According to Micah, his call was just to thank me for my purchase and was unaware of any conversations with Dean or JD in the service dept. I was assured that I will be taken care of and was told more than 3 times by different people that when I take it in for the repairs next week if there is any concerns about what is being done to let them know and if the camper does not get repaired satisfactory that they would personally send someone from the factory to pick it up and take it there for repairs.
    This is WAY more personal attention than I anticipated after reading some of what has been posted here. It appears to me they are living up to what they have claimed was their goal in the RV industry. If this attitude continues then they will be a successful company, if not they will end up like most other RV mfg, IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed last time out the slide rubs pretty hard on the rear couch In ours as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should contact them about that , it will wear the material eventually.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I left Ron Fenech a message on his answering machine 3 weeks ago and still have not heard back from him. I explained to him I had a 303 on order and I wanted to talk to him. Maybe he's on a long vacation!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We received a letter from GD thanking us for purchasing our Solitude and it explained how the owners are committed to building a better RV company than their competitors. I believe it is a form letter; however, it was well written and I felt it was sincere. That letter prompted me to call Mr. Fenech for help with my trailer defects and since then their support has been absolutely fantastic. I am very grateful for their service to repair my trailer locally because my dealer is about a 7 hour drive.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is great news, hope more like this comes around.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that at the last Grand Design Rally, the three owners took time to go through the campground, go into campers, sit awhile and get customer feedback from customers. That's about as close to a phone call as one could expect.

This manufacturer has gone from zero production to 1000 units in just 18 months. I would say that Grand Design personnel are very busy keeping this company under control--not running away from them. And they continue to design, engineer and test new products all the time. Shortly, they're going to get into travel trailers.

Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Return phone call

When I ordered my Momentum 385TH at the Hershey RV show. Marc Hauser was there and sat with my wife and I for many hours going over everything the Momentum had to offer. We were actually one of the very first orders for the Momentum 385TH (as you can see I have the #5 build in my signature because of show demo's that were built and I also got bumped by NASCAR's Robby Gordon when he ordered his 385TH). While I was there I spoke on the phone with Don Clark who thanked us for our purchase and trust in their company. Within a few days of my order I spoke with Bill Fenech on the phone and through emails and have spoken to him numerous times since my purchase just to keep him updated on my Momentum travels and how the unit is doing. Bill might get upset with me by posting these pics but Grand Design owners Ron Clark, Bill and Ron Fenech went out of their way to make me this plaque for my family to hang in my RV. I could not be more pleased with Grand Design from ownership all the way to the dealers. The first picture really shows the size of the plaque and the second pic shows the detail the workers in the factory put into making this for us.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Momentum Owners with plaque v2.jpg   Momentum Plaque v2.jpg  
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now THAT is impressive!!!!!! Thanks for posting.
    2014 Ram 2500 W / 6.7L diesel
    2014 303 RLS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast