Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Timon0x31
    Big plaque, where did you ever find a place to put it

Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have it on the wall that separates the bedroom and the bathroom.
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bamaman
    That is great and hopefully they walk thru and talk to campers again. I have a few things to share. Maybe they need to slow down and concentrate on quality before expanding into travel trailers. Hopefully its true about their commitment to quality because they cannot be happy with what they are currently producing. There is a lot of room for improvement in the quality control department. Get that fixed and the expansion will take care of the itself. Don't address it and there going to get big and then implode.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've gone from 0 to 1000 rv's built in 18 months. And they had to build the dealer base from nothing. It'd be hard to imagine what working capital it would take to purchase all the components, and all the coordination with suppliers to make sure all the components arrive in time. I would say they're running like madmen.

As far as quality control goes, I agree with what you're saying. It'd be cheaper to do the job right at the factor vs. paying some dealer $60 an hour to rework their assembly.

I heard a couple of days ago that fifth wheel sales are down something like 1% in the last year. (Class A's are up like 5%.) If these guys have sold 1000 fifth wheels, they're simply taking business from the other "big boys." And Grand Design is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure hope they hold to their word on repairs as mine is at the dealer now getting "things" repaired now, should have it back on Monday. I will let everyone know how it goes. Have a Great Fourth of July, God Bless our Troops.
    2014 Ram 2500 W / 6.7L diesel
    2014 303 RLS

bigwhitetails
    I got a call from the GM and also Regional Manager. I have bought a few cars and this is my fifth trailer and these guys are the first who I believe care about the product they are selling. For those of you who are upset at something or want to call GD, then call , someone will call you back. These guys travel to almost every RV show in the United States, they are busy. I bought my 369rl last April and still when my wife and I go to the Rv shows now the Grand Design people treat us as family, not like a number like other company's after you buy something.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum bigwhitetails, 'bout time you posted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum bigwhitetails! and thanks for the good advice.
    big is correct. so, if you're upset about something, call. I suggest your first call should be to your dealer, however, if that call/answer is not to your satisfaction, then call GD.
    I've not called or had a call from them. My dealer has handled everything to my satisfaction.
    I have emailed Marc Hauser, and he emailed me back with the info I had requested.
    I've also pm'd Janice and she quickly replied.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome bigwhitetails. Glad to see you finally joined us.

Andy
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

pcjunki
    Our dealer is very active with all of his customers not only Grand Designs. We took delivery on our Reflection 303RLS unit 417 on June 30, 2014 and our first real shakedown test will be a thirteen day caravan up through Somerset, PA (3 days), then to a campground half-way between Rochester and Buffalo, NY (7 days for us) and then Lexington, PA (3 days) and then back to Central, VA. We will meet the dealership owner and his wife in NY and come back down with them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast