Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First trip in our 337

We picked her up on Tuesday. PDI went great. We were a bit concerned about the bedroom slide but our dealer took care of it right away. We took off the next night to start our vacation. We spent a lot of time on this and other forums to get a feel of what common issues to expect.

We are on day 4 today in our night. We are not on full 30 amps and found one bedroom outlet on the dresser did not work, then one on the kitchen island. We're not sure if it was because we were on such low power so were not concerned. Tried the bathroom outlet yesterday and no power. Looked for GFI reset switch which BtW is on the island with a trouble light we never saw, fixed all outlets. More GFI outlets in this trailer then expected. Phew

We do have the infamous shower leak. We were expecting it. It is coming out from between the shower stall and rails. Tube of caulk is sitting here ready for the fix today. I will have hubby caulk around the floor and bathroom cabinet as well as I don't want any water that may hit the floor soak up in the wood. It is a wet space by nature so being proactive. I will also make sure caulk goes around all wall and counter surfaces. Did this in my old trailer because even though you are careful spills happen and let's be real here this is not a stick and brick home the materials are very different. BtW after the leak yesterday we ran a table fan in the washroom with the cabinet door open. Hubby said water leaked under the base unit to inside. We want no wood swell.

items I the lady noticed and don't like.

Can't fit my pizza stone in the oven. Won't fit, wonder is the oven smaller. Big bummer for me because it so helps even out baking.

Don't like fridge set up. Due to nature of this trip we are running on gas only so can't comment on fridge failure. I dislike the racks and location of drip pan. We have very little full depth storage. Moved milk and gallon water jug but not sure what to do with the cut off rack, will likely cover the hole. Two storage bins seem like a great deal but are to small for practical use celery and other produce is piled on main racks. Had a hard time getting a cucumber in the darn bin. Will look to replace them with something that works.

Mattress way to hard for me. We replaced ours in the old trailer with a comfy full sized one but did move it over as we felt we would damage the dresser when slide closed. Two inch memory foam was bought yesterday and last night was world's better.

One piece of trim is missing the stain on the cut end. Easy fix once we find out color match.

Getting to tv input jacks requires the dexterity of a gymnast and hands of a two year old. BTW, if you plug in a device like Western Digital box via HDMI the sound does work though the tuner. Could not get the TV to have any sound as that was what we expected. Grand Design saved us a step we had to do to the old trailer. Will run wires properly at a later date as we don't have a long enough cable atm.

Some cabinets will require hubby to mod by adding shelves. Expected and not urgent as we have not filled half of them.

All in all very happy with our unit. Hubby has a perpetual grin on his face since pickup. We are currently planing on enjoying our new rig.
    Last edited by Jahna; 06-28-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    Lostincanada and Jahna
    AKA Derek and Tatjana plus our pups Shadow and Nani
    2012 Ram 2500
    2015 Reflection 337
    Hailing from Southern Ontario Canada