Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First trip in our 337

We picked her up on Tuesday. PDI went great. We were a bit concerned about the bedroom slide but our dealer took care of it right away. We took off the next night to start our vacation. We spent a lot of time on this and other forums to get a feel of what common issues to expect.

We are on day 4 today in our night. We are not on full 30 amps and found one bedroom outlet on the dresser did not work, then one on the kitchen island. We're not sure if it was because we were on such low power so were not concerned. Tried the bathroom outlet yesterday and no power. Looked for GFI reset switch which BtW is on the island with a trouble light we never saw, fixed all outlets. More GFI outlets in this trailer then expected. Phew

We do have the infamous shower leak. We were expecting it. It is coming out from between the shower stall and rails. Tube of caulk is sitting here ready for the fix today. I will have hubby caulk around the floor and bathroom cabinet as well as I don't want any water that may hit the floor soak up in the wood. It is a wet space by nature so being proactive. I will also make sure caulk goes around all wall and counter surfaces. Did this in my old trailer because even though you are careful spills happen and let's be real here this is not a stick and brick home the materials are very different. BtW after the leak yesterday we ran a table fan in the washroom with the cabinet door open. Hubby said water leaked under the base unit to inside. We want no wood swell.

items I the lady noticed and don't like.

Can't fit my pizza stone in the oven. Won't fit, wonder is the oven smaller. Big bummer for me because it so helps even out baking.

Don't like fridge set up. Due to nature of this trip we are running on gas only so can't comment on fridge failure. I dislike the racks and location of drip pan. We have very little full depth storage. Moved milk and gallon water jug but not sure what to do with the cut off rack, will likely cover the hole. Two storage bins seem like a great deal but are to small for practical use celery and other produce is piled on main racks. Had a hard time getting a cucumber in the darn bin. Will look to replace them with something that works.

Mattress way to hard for me. We replaced ours in the old trailer with a comfy full sized one but did move it over as we felt we would damage the dresser when slide closed. Two inch memory foam was bought yesterday and last night was world's better.

One piece of trim is missing the stain on the cut end. Easy fix once we find out color match.

Getting to tv input jacks requires the dexterity of a gymnast and hands of a two year old. BTW, if you plug in a device like Western Digital box via HDMI the sound does work though the tuner. Could not get the TV to have any sound as that was what we expected. Grand Design saved us a step we had to do to the old trailer. Will run wires properly at a later date as we don't have a long enough cable atm.

Some cabinets will require hubby to mod by adding shelves. Expected and not urgent as we have not filled half of them.

All in all very happy with our unit. Hubby has a perpetual grin on his face since pickup. We are currently planing on enjoying our new rig.
    Last edited by Jahna; 06-28-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    Lostincanada and Jahna
    AKA Derek and Tatjana plus our pups Shadow and Nani
    2012 Ram 2500
    2015 Reflection 337
    Hailing from Southern Ontario Canada

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you're doing well, and that you did your homework prior to your first trip. It's also nice to have the skills to do minor repairs and adjustments.

I'm sure that after a few weeks, you'll have your trailer configured to your exact needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jahnaca, Sounds like y'all are having a nice trip other than a few minor issues.
    Hope the rest of your tip is safe and fun!
    Enjoy your new Reflection
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

stormy
    when you said, your not on full 30 amps, is the 337 RLS 30amp unit? we are looking at the reflection 337 and silverback 31RK and the silverback is 50amps. the 50amp is a deal breaker for us. also liked the other info you had, thanks for posting.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Jahna means by not on 30 amp is we are at a friend's and plugged into a regular 20 amp receptacle. Why would 50 amp service be a deal Killer? The 337 is
    50 amp service, but it can (and is in our case) be adapted down to 15 amp plug.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Reflections are 50 amp, however I carry a 30 amp cable and an adapter just so I don't have to get out that big ugly 50 amp cable for short one night stops.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

stormy
    ok on the 50amps thanks for clarifying, we have a neighbor with a 5th wheel and is on 30amps and he has to manage his electrical needs as his unit has shut down or something goes offline when they exceed the 30amps. our current unit is 50amps, and we don't want to have to keep checking what is running a/c, mw, etc...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Our current unit is 50amps, and we don't want to have to keep checking what is running a/c, mw, etc...
    The issue is the campground service...not the camper. There's many campgrounds that we love that don't have 50A service...just have to manage your useage. In those cases, I use a 50 to 30A adapter into the camper and a 30A chord to the site's service box. It's easy to get spoiled with 50A service though!

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite being on 20 amp we turned on the ac last night. It blew my mind how quiet it is. The variable speed motor is icing on the cake. All I can say is wow. Our last rig we had to yell over the ac.

Stormy managing the amperage is not that hard, today we just turned off ac while the Kuerig was on. You learn pretty quick what your limits are. Can't wait to be spoiled on the 50 amp service and let it all rip lol.
    Lostincanada and Jahna
    AKA Derek and Tatjana plus our pups Shadow and Nani
    2012 Ram 2500
    2015 Reflection 337
    Hailing from Southern Ontario Canada

stormy
    will need to get that 50 - 30 amp connector ... as so far we have been only to 50 amp sites. and i hope managing the 30 amp power requirements work out if and when we do have to go through that : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast