User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    mandolin57

Smile The Day Finally Came!!!

Well.....today was it!!! After about 1-1/2 years of debating, searching and waiting we actually ordered our Solitude 305RE!!! We added some extra options because of the goal of going full-time in 2 years, and we're excited to get our very own! Steve (Hunter) from Tom Schaeffers.......thank you very much yet again for the time and patience to answer all our questions! This is truly a life decision and the biggest purchase we have ever made next to our home so we wanted to be sure, but we're both certain we made the best choice after searching extensively for many, many months! Can't wait to join the rest of you on the road, but most likely September berfore we get ours. In the meantime....the new camper hope chest has been started
    SO EXCITED!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barry/Marianne:
    Your post surely intrigued me . . . "After about 1-1/2 years of debating and searching . . .". What does "added some extra options" mean? Does that mean you ordered your 305RE with other options besides the options that are listed as options for the 305RE? I ask because I didn't ask for other options, although I wondered about some options I would liked to have had. However, I suppose that would come from the dealer. Would you be willing to list some of them?
    I haven't taken delivery yet. It is still sitting in Indiana waiting to be transported since coming off the line on June 6th, 2014. We are not full timers but we do go south for three to four months during the winter months. I put all options on except for the Gen Prep, Slide-out awnings, Dual Pane Windows, and Convection Oven.
    Al & Laurie -- Brainerd, MN
    2010 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.4 Diesel
    2015 Grand Design -- Solitude 305RE #2506

mandolin57
    Drew1higher.....those items you listed at the end are the options we asked for in addition to the norm. We wanted the slide-out awnings, the dual pane windows to avoid the steamy windows in areas where we may need to run the furnace, and i wanted the convection oven as well as the traditional. we also upgraded to the better tires, (Goodyear). No other options are available, but we're okay with the ones they had. The only thing we would have liked more was a few more color choices for the interior but that's okay....it wasn't a make or break in light of everything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barry/Marianne:
    Thanks for your quick reply. I thought about the dual pane windows but since I was told it would only increase my "R" value by about One, I decided not to go with it. However, since I did not, I may have to fight the condensation on the windows. I did go with the heat pump which should help with the condensation on the windows. Laurie didn't care for the convection oven, so we let that one go also. I'm hoping to be as happy with my Solitude as I hear from so many on this forum. Will let everyone know when I take delivery . . . ~Al
    Al & Laurie -- Brainerd, MN
    2010 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.4 Diesel
    2015 Grand Design -- Solitude 305RE #2506

mandolin57
    oh yeah....got the heat pump too.... we heard from several that it works very well in cooler weather. I hope you have a good experience with yours....we're keeping our fingers crossed, but I really feel comfortable with our dealer for sure. take care!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Enjoy your new investment!
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, and thank you once again!

I am so happy that you put your trust in myself, and our dealership for your purchase.

Now, the real wait happens!! After the order, it always feels like the longest time frame ever.....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

mandolin57
    After everything we put you through....you deserve it! We had you out there in some pretty frigid weather looking at those things and only about a million questions so thanks again! We would recommend anyone looking or not sure to hook up with you! Your knowledge level is amazing! The wait is okay too.....just more time to buy all kinds of new things for in it! lol!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Barry and Marianne!! and welcome to the 305RE family.
    We love ours. I compromised because of the length of the RV by getting the rear entertainment (I had originally wanted a rear sofa), but I absolutely love how the 305 is set up. With the TV down, I still have my view and a camper around 36ft!
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250