User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken spring hangers on 303 still an issue for you?

Thanks for posting.
    We are looking at new GD 303. This spring hanger issue could be the deal breaker for us. Our current trailer ORV ( Northwood) does not have a frame made by lippert. It’s built in house. Shock absorbers are installed as standard equipment.
    Has any GD owners on the forum, irrespective of model, had to have their spring hangers repaired?
    I hope this an isolated incident....me thinks not.

It would appear if Lippert had a fix for the problem they knew it was a issue.

Is anyone aware if this issue was reported to NHTSA | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration or Transport Canada.

Will check to see if Lippert or GD issued any safety adversaries.

This is just not a quality assurance issue it’s a safety issue and a potential deal breaker for me.

It’s how it’s built with a good foundation...not how it’s decorated. To me it’s like putting lipstick on a pig.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Has any GD owners on the forum, irrespective of model, had to have their spring hangers repaired?
    I hope this an isolated incident....
    Not an isolated incident. Just type Spring Hangers in the search box.

Your expectations are too grand for an RV. The RV industry does not and is not required to comply with the same electrical, plumbing, and HVAC codes that are mandated in the residential, commercial, and automotive world. The RV manufacturers are essentially self-regulating, and they do whatever they can get away with to generate profit.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    Not an isolated incident. Just type Spring Hangers in the search box.

Your expectations are too grand for an RV. The RV industry does not and is not required to comply with the same electrical, plumbing, and HVAC codes that are mandated in the residential, commercial, and automotive world. The RV manufacturers are essentially self-regulating, and they do whatever they can get away with to generate profit.

-Steve
    Thanks for your response will use your search suggestions.
    Any RVs imported into Canada must meet CSA standards. No doubt these are the minimal standards for appliances , electrical and plumbing.

Anything sold in Canada has to be CSA/ULC approved.

From the ORV forum I find very few threads on the spring hanger issue than on the GD forum with the Lippert spring hanger.
    We are very serious about purchasing the 303 rls and are doing are due diligence.
    There is no perfect RV....just trying find out all I can...warts and all.

Thanks again
    Mulligan

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had read so much about this on various models I tool my 2021 315 in to a local welding shop immediately after purchase and had the hangers boxed in and three cross members added as cheap insurance. The way my luck runs I figured the cost to have this done was still cheaper than a tow from a rural location not to mention potentially ruining our trip. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80A4AF59-CB35-4655-9141-F09EDABC1A1C.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	36757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A93A1E8D-99EB-4993-B21A-9C36CF1BFA7F.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	36758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50F350C7-F26E-43A3-AB18-93CC8C4C0395.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	36759
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS
    2020 Ram Cummins Mega Cab 4X4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm65 View Post
    I had read so much about this on various models I tool my 2021 315 in to a local welding shop immediately after purchase and had the hangers boxed in and three cross members added as cheap insurance. The way my luck runs I figured the cost to have this done was still cheaper than a tow from a rural location not to mention potentially ruining our trip. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80A4AF59-CB35-4655-9141-F09EDABC1A1C.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	36757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A93A1E8D-99EB-4993-B21A-9C36CF1BFA7F.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	36758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50F350C7-F26E-43A3-AB18-93CC8C4C0395.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	36759
    That is a nice clean mod. Almost looks factory, but better!
    2020 337RLS
    2018 F350 4WD CCLB Dually Diesel
    2010 FLHTCU and 2021 Explorer
    USAF 19th SPS Veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the kitchen side rear hanger break on my 2018 303rls. It's going to our local welding shop today. Noticed the break After I noticed the worn tires on the opposite side. Just came back to Michigan from a trip out west. I will ask about having the "new" hanger boxed. My dealer said to take pics and send them the Paid bill and he will see what he can do for reimbursement. I'm not holding my breath.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we got suckered on that also, only got told the details after we signed the finance papers and handed over the check
    Tom & Ellen McHugh
    Weldon Spring MO

2021 F350 Crewcab SB 7.3 gas
    GD 150 RD260

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our hanger broke off from the frame! Thank goodness it happened while backing in a spot. Had to hire a guy with a portable welder and come to campground. He couldn't come till he had all his other customers done for the day. Bless him he came out at 7pm and finished a little after 9pm. We had every light possible on for him. He did a great job! We wete in a park in north alabama.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsmiley72 View Post
    Our hanger broke off from the frame! Thank goodness it happened while backing in a spot. Had to hire a guy with a portable welder and come to campground. He couldn't come till he had all his other customers done for the day. Bless him he came out at 7pm and finished a little after 9pm. We had every light possible on for him. He did a great job! We wete in a park in north alabama.
    Ours also fell off the frame. It was due to a faulty weld job by Lippert. You could see where the wild never took. Any how we called GD because we had problems getting a welder to come out . GD passed us to Lippert . Seeing as it was a bad weld it became a safety issue and Lippert sent a mobile tech over to our campsite to fix it. Lucky for us there was one in Tampa . Our trailer was well of of warranty.

You may want to contact Lippert , if it was a bad weld pictures will show it and they may re-emburse you the repair.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345