User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snaking wires in the 312bhts

Anyone have success snaking a wire down from the control panel area to the underbelly area? I am installing a victron battery monitor and need to run the cable from the shunt near the batteries to a new panel I am making and installing in the open area above the control panel (area circled in red in first photo below).

I assume I will have to snake it through the wall area to the right of the hutch and either go straight down or snake it back into the area by the circuit breaker panel and then down. Both routes highlighted in red in photo 2.

I also assume I can run a fish tape in he underbelly towards the front and then just lower the coroplast in that area.

Anyone with any experience running wires through these areas that wants to give any advice I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

MikeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	253C6835-C99C-4130-8536-15D8FB017FC4.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	529.4 KB 
ID:	15257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E6C2F11-F3B0-477E-ACAB-96C90AF753FF.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	554.9 KB 
ID:	15258
    Mike & Maggie
    Paige, Molly, Delaney & Bridget (yes, 4 daughters)
    Chocolate Lab - Seamus
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2017 F-250 Lariat SCREW Gasser 6.2L, SRW, shortbed
    14k Equal-I-Zer Hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I attempted to fish a remote display from our hardwired EMS (wired at your #2 location behind the breaker panel) to the basement/nautilus panel area and had nothing but frustration. Fish tape was constantly hung up on other wires/insulation etc. I gave up after 90 minutes and all my permutations of “dagnabbit” were exhausted.
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwktlg8 View Post
    I attempted to fish a remote display from our hardwired EMS (wired at your #2 location behind the breaker panel) to the basement/nautilus panel area and had nothing but frustration. Fish tape was constantly hung up on other wires/insulation etc. I gave up after 90 minutes and all my permutations of “dagnabbit” were exhausted.
    Hmmmm......thats a little discouraging.......thanks for the honest feedback though. At least I know it won’t be easy. I will have to make sure that the kids are out of earshot when I attempt this lol.
    Mike & Maggie
    Paige, Molly, Delaney & Bridget (yes, 4 daughters)
    Chocolate Lab - Seamus
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2017 F-250 Lariat SCREW Gasser 6.2L, SRW, shortbed
    14k Equal-I-Zer Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m about to do the EMS install as well. Where did you end up putting the remote display? I was going to put it near the nautilus system until I read this. Perhaps keep it simple and install under the a/c unit and fan switch?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Maggie View Post
    Anyone have success snaking a wire down from the control panel area to the underbelly area? I am installing a victron battery monitor and need to run the cable from the shunt near the batteries to a new panel I am making and installing in the open area above the control panel (area circled in red in first photo below).

I assume I will have to snake it through the wall area to the right of the hutch and either go straight down or snake it back into the area by the circuit breaker panel and then down. Both routes highlighted in red in photo 2.

I also assume I can run a fish tape in he underbelly towards the front and then just lower the coroplast in that area.

Anyone with any experience running wires through these areas that wants to give any advice I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

MikeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	253C6835-C99C-4130-8536-15D8FB017FC4.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	529.4 KB 
ID:	15257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E6C2F11-F3B0-477E-ACAB-96C90AF753FF.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	554.9 KB 
ID:	15258
    See post #247 in my Electrical Mod thread to see a video on how I got wires from the lower area to that panel. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post247557

You might also want to consider what Nomado told me about the location of the BMV-712 here: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post227862 However...in reality I think it is the truck itself that is blocking the bluetooth signal, not the distance. I tested this theory with my LevelMatePro and found I could get quite far away and still had a good signal. But in the truck I lose the signal. Even with the BMV-712 mounted near the front of my 315RLTS I still have to be outside of the truck to get a consistent connection.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike:

I have a 315RLTS with a hutch and control panel similar to yours. I am about 95% done with replacing the hutch pancake dome light with a 3"surface mount light connected to a dimmer that I am installing plus installing a USB port (I hate the one beneath the hutch cupboard - always hard to locate). The installed dimmer and USB are above the electrical outlet on the hutch back board. The install and cutting out holes was a challenge - lots of existing wiring plus two vent pipes behind the paneling made for several WTF moments.

I wish you the best because these RV's are built from the inside out which makes one ask "why did I start this project".

FYI …. A shot of Jack Daniel's helps in the evening after working on the trailer.

Don
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang