1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic Model 1350 Refrigerator Modifications on my 2018 - 303RLS

Dometic Model “1350” Refrigerator Facts

 37 is the normal temp

 38-44 substance temp, not air temp is normal

 0-14 freezer is normal

 16 or less is normal according to a food organization.

 The main thing with the RM1350 4 door is this:

When you first turn it on there is a 60 hour cycle. At 60 hours it turns off the cooling unit for 2 hours, it’s called a frost reduction cycle. After that it will repeat every 48 hours.

 The trick is this:

At 11am or noon. Turn off the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes. This starts the cycle again and will make it do the frost reduction cycle at 11pm-midnight instead of mid-day, this way
    it will be back to normal temps by morning.

Fan Cooling Kit

I had issues with Fridge temp. being inconsistent. So I am adding a fan kit to the back. There is a sensor mounted on the end of a fin on the condenser at the top left that turns on the 4-90mm fans @ 150deg. I am swapping that out for a 122 deg. sensor to come on sooner. Plus I am adding 2- 120mm fans (somewhere to be determined) with their own sensor to come on at 118 deg. I set up a 4 wheel dolly to slide the fridge on too, so I can turn it around and work on it in the open. Much easier than working through the vents.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Service Manual, RM1350.pdf   IMG_0397.jpg   IMG_0396.jpg   IMG_0399.jpg   IMG_0383.jpg  

Last edited by beaumark; 12-28-2018 at 10:06 PM.