1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic Model 1350 Refrigerator Modifications on my 2018 - 303RLS

Dometic Model “1350” Refrigerator Facts

 37 is the normal temp

 38-44 substance temp, not air temp is normal

 0-14 freezer is normal

 16 or less is normal according to a food organization.

 The main thing with the RM1350 4 door is this:

When you first turn it on there is a 60 hour cycle. At 60 hours it turns off the cooling unit for 2 hours, it’s called a frost reduction cycle. After that it will repeat every 48 hours.

 The trick is this:

At 11am or noon. Turn off the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes. This starts the cycle again and will make it do the frost reduction cycle at 11pm-midnight instead of mid-day, this way
    it will be back to normal temps by morning.

Fan Cooling Kit

I had issues with Fridge temp. being inconsistent. So I am adding a fan kit to the back. There is a sensor mounted on the end of a fin on the condenser at the top left that turns on the 4-90mm fans @ 150deg. I am swapping that out for a 122 deg. sensor to come on sooner. Plus I am adding 2- 120mm fans (somewhere to be determined) with their own sensor to come on at 118 deg. I set up a 4 wheel dolly to slide the fridge on too, so I can turn it around and work on it in the open. Much easier than working through the vents.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Service Manual, RM1350.pdf   IMG_0397.jpg   IMG_0396.jpg   IMG_0399.jpg   IMG_0383.jpg  

Last edited by beaumark; 12-28-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did similar to my fridge on my 2017 303RLS, except I purchased a 12VDC power converter and wired it to the 120VAC outlet for the fridge. That way whenever I'm connected to shore power, these fans run continuously pushing air into the space behind the fridge. Also, I took out the sheet metal baffle at the top fridge vent because there was no way to work behind it or get to the fan installed below it. I reshaped the baffle and attached it back to the frame so it still works as before.