User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    My main reason for using the 4" offset was my in-bed tool box. The hitch was getting too close to it without the 4" set back. If not for the tool box I wouldn't be afraid to run this setup without the 4" extension. I believe I saw where someone with a Ram short bed, with a bed that is 2" shorter than the Chev, who was using this without of offset ball and had no issues. As long as you know the backing limitations it just isn't an problem. Anyone can crack a window or dent a cab if they get carried away backing, doesn't matter what kind of hitch set up you have. I personally don't care if my angles are limited to 90 degrees or 70 degrees, I work with what I have and watch what I'm doing. Hope this helps.
    Leon T.....first off, thanks for your info. We purchased a new 2019 303RLS and will pick it up as soon as I get a hitch put in my 2013 F350 CrewCab, Std bed with factory Ford puck system, 6.7 PSD. This is our first 5th wheel Rv. I'd like to start right off with a Goosebox but after checking YouTube and this forum, didn't see anyone running a standard bed Ford with a Goosebox. My RV dealer suggested using a BW Companion slider, but said the non slider is the one they install most. I'm still like to start out with the Goosebox.

On your Chevy, what is your bed rail clearance, and were you able to get your rig level? The other question....what model is your Fuelbox combo. I've only got a 26gal fuel tank, and am going to order a Fuelbox also. I was looking at the narrowest one, I think it is the 37 gal combo box which would provide a little more clearance.

thanks again for your posts.....most informative!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bed rail is 56 1/2. Fuel Box is 24" wide (50 gallon model). Everything sits perfectly level.

I had the B&W and got tired of putting it in and pulling it out all the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    Bed rail is 56 1/2. Fuel Box is 24" wide (50 gallon model). Everything sits perfectly level.

I had the B&W and got tired of putting it in and pulling it out all the time.
    thank you Leon T!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leon T. More thanks for the pics and all the info. I just got a Reflection 31MB, which (unfortunately) is still at the dealership until I outfit (er, make final decision on and pay for ) the new truck. First 5er and still want easy use of truck bed. Since I have to buy a hitch anyway, (dealer recommneded demco slider)it is kind of a wash price wise swap out the 1621 at the get-go. I am 99% going w/ a '18 Ram 2500HD CC, SB. I have been reading all about the love fest surrounding the Andersen Ultimate, but this config is the one "approved" by GD and Lippert and the reviews have been really good. Thanks and safe travels

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck91 View Post
    Leon T. More thanks for the pics and all the info. I just got a Reflection 31MB, which (unfortunately) is still at the dealership until I outfit (er, make final decision on and pay for ) the new truck. First 5er and still want easy use of truck bed. Since I have to buy a hitch anyway, (dealer recommneded demco slider)it is kind of a wash price wise swap out the 1621 at the get-go. I am 99% going w/ a '18 Ram 2500HD CC, SB. I have been reading all about the love fest surrounding the Andersen Ultimate, but this config is the one "approved" by GD and Lippert and the reviews have been really good. Thanks and safe travels
    Let us know what you decide to go with. I had a really hard time finding info about the Goose Box mated to short bed pickups when I was researching so I decided to post my experiences with it to help someone else out. I'm still very happy with with the Goose Box. I'm not going back to the traditional 5th wheel hitch or anything like an AUH where I have to put stuff in my truck bed and then take it out.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided on the '18 Ram 2500HD CC, SB w/ 6.4L and the Reese Goosebox. Truck is a few days out , but I have been talking with GD Service Manager pretty regular and he is confident I will be happy with the final setup. Not sure of 16k vs 20k and if and what size extender might be needed. Not knowing particulars on your rig, any particular reason for the 20k GB? I will continue to update as things progress.

Thanks and make it a great day!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just reread post re. reasoning for 20k, no response needed. thx

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I'll ever upgrade to a larger trailer at this point, but then again, just never know and wanted to be safe. The 20K hitch is a heavy bugger, but once installed, I love it. Used a front loader to hold it in place while I bolted it up. If the dealer is installing yours you are home free.

Your setup seems really nice. I think you're going to enjoy it. If you are going to install the B&W Turnover (or similar square shank hitch) just get the 4" extender ball for a little extra insurance. But I'm almost positive I've seen another guy running a Ram SB/Reese Goose Box who doesn't have the extender ball on his rig and he said he has no issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really good info. We just bought a 2019 Duramax 3500 Denali with the factory prep system and are in the process of deciding between a 290BH and 31MB. I have been going back and forth on the hitch options. The goosebox makes so much sense and the info here alleviated all my concerns. The one thing I haven't been able to figure out is if the Refection series sit higher than the 150 Reflection models. I was just concerned with bedrail clearance if the 150 series was designed to ride level on the 1/2 ton truck since they sit a little lower than HD trucks. I have an older Fleetwood fiver now that was made when trucks didn't sit as high as they do now and have always fought bedrail clearance. I use an Anderson ranch hand adaptor on this now.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All, Just wanted to throw it out there that we just returned from our maiden voyage with the 31MB on a Reese Goosebox with the factory 5th prep on short bed (6ft4in) 2018 Ram 2500. I was a bit nervous because you cannot use extension to get add'l clearance on the Ram. Im new to pulling a 5er, and we (really my wife) decided that our first trip should be down to Pigeon Forge TN. It pulled awesome, absolutely NO issues running through the mountains. I will likely tinker with mounting height to get some add'l bedrail clearnance, but still had about 6 inches. I cannot get to 90 degrees, but was very capable of some pretty tight turns when needed. Additionally, looking for some guidance on air pressure on the Goosebox, I ran 35psi and it felt good, but again Im a newbie.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast