User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck91 View Post
    Hi All, Just wanted to throw it out there that we just returned from our maiden voyage with the 31MB on a Reese Goosebox with the factory 5th prep on short bed (6ft4in) 2018 Ram 2500. I was a bit nervous because you cannot use extension to get add'l clearance on the Ram. Im new to pulling a 5er, and we (really my wife) decided that our first trip should be down to Pigeon Forge TN. It pulled awesome, absolutely NO issues running through the mountains. I will likely tinker with mounting height to get some add'l bedrail clearnance, but still had about 6 inches. I cannot get to 90 degrees, but was very capable of some pretty tight turns when needed. Additionally, looking for some guidance on air pressure on the Goosebox, I ran 35psi and it felt good, but again Im a newbie.
    Good info, I'm in a very similar situation. I'm waiting for delivery on my 2019 Ram 3500 short bed, but it's a MegaCab (don't think that matters since the box is still the same length). Working on a deal on a Reflection 28BH and want to go with the GooseBox but started to get concerned when I realized that there are no options for offset balls in the OEM system. Since I will be double-towing the RZR behind the Reflection, u-turns are not an option anyways....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leon T, I know im late to this party but any chance you still have those pics? They dont appear as valid links anymore. Just bought a 5th wheel trailer and want to do a GB in my 2016 F350 SB and like you I am having trouble finding solid information. Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Guys I have been reading forums and benefiting from all the information since I started trailering so I thought I would finally contribute. I had a 2017 sierra HD with a 6.5' bed. We upgraded to a 31mb last year and after lots of research I decided to convert to a goosebox. I also installed a BW turnover ball in my truck. Ride quality was awesome but I noticed you have to continually monitor the PSI in the bag. I was happy with the whole set up. However I made too sharp a u turn using a driveway entrance to a commercial plaza that had a sharp incline and crushed the drivers side cab pillar and smashed the rear window. In hind site the turn over ball with the 5" offset hitch would have helped. The measurement of the hitch ball to side of trailer is 50" and the measurement of ball in bed to cab is 45". Regular driving I had no problems. My wife would watch the trailer and cab while I backed into spots. It was just a poor decision to make that turn but now Im spooked. I have purchased a new sierra and am considering an auto slider. Its easy to say I wont make the same mistake but sh** happens. This new truck has jack knife alert, does anyone have experience with those sensors and a fifth wheel? Thanks to all the people who take time to share they're experiences.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dprender08 View Post
    Leon T, I know im late to this party but any chance you still have those pics? They dont appear as valid links anymore. Just bought a 5th wheel trailer and want to do a GB in my 2016 F350 SB and like you I am having trouble finding solid information. Thank you
    @dprender08, Leon T has not been on the forum since July, 2019, according to his profile. The best ways to get someone's attention are to mention them with the "@" sign or use the Reply With Quote function - as I have done in both cases with you here.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123