The vast majority of dog owner's in my neighborhood are responsible and pick up after their dogs. That's why I was surprised when suddenly poop started showing up in front of my house every day, sometimes 2 piles a day. I live on a long sweeping corner and it would be anywhere along the front and often in the driveway apron where I ran it over a couple times and ended up with it in the garage. I was not happy. Apparently the guilty party did not notice I have 12 CCTV cameras on my house with several of them watching the front. I finally printed up 2 8X11 photos of the person and the dog in the act and taped them onto the street lamp pole along with a note. End of problem, hasn't happened since. The funny part is about a month later I saw who it was, recognized them from the pics. The house across the street from me had been rented out after the lady that owned it passed away, and it was the tenant! An older lady herself who would walk her dog across to our place twice a day and light up a smoke while Fido pooped, then stroll off.