Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the splendide model as well, you have to remove the door trim to get it into the space they have plumbed for it.
    David, Victoria & Scout

2018 Ford F-350 CCLB DRW Metallic Power stroke diesel
    2017 310-GK R

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    We prefer separate units. That allows us to wash a load while drying another. A vented dryer will dry loads more quickly than unvented although 110v RV dryers aren't nearly as fast as a 220v home dryer. We had the washer on the curb side of our Reflection and dryer on the street side. But, we will be stacking the dryer on top of the washer in our new Solitude because there is only a single closet for both. Whichever way you go, having a washer and dryer in the RV is a luxury if you spend a lot of time in the RV. My wife wasn't sure if we "needed" a washer and dryer in our RV but once she started using them, she said she would never own an RV without them. Way more convenient than a laundromat.
    Exactly what Francine would write is she responded to this thread. She has thanked me multiple times for getting the washer and dryer installed in our 315RLTS prior to the current trip we're on.

Edit: We have the Splendide washer and dryer. (They were on sale at CW.) One other note--if you don't like the chrome dryer vent (all our CW store had), order the black one off of Amazon.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone tell me how they hooked up a drain line for the tray that sits under the washer. I have a 310GK Solitude and would like to connect to the main ABS drain instead of drilling a drain hole through the upper floor
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWITTRO View Post
    Can anyone tell me how they hooked up a drain line for the tray that sits under the washer. I have a 310GK Solitude and would like to connect to the main ABS drain instead of drilling a drain hole through the upper floor
    Not the answer you're looking for, but I chose not drill a hole through the floor. What I did instead is put a water-sensing alarm in the tray so I know if I have even a slow leak that I'd otherwise not catch.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWITTRO View Post
    boy that's a good question lol! I did not think to ask and it's wedged in there so tight you certainly can't see anything but the drain pan. I will call my
    service guy next week and ask how they do that.
    I will add though that the Splendide setup works very well, my grandson is ummmm almost potty trained lol!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Aniston set by Splendide. Absolutely love them and can’t imagine not having them!! The dryer dries very well and doesn’t take a lot of time. I hate to say we got them at Camping World a couple of years ago while they were on sale. You can do about 6 bath towels or a whole set of sheets with no problem.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know what difference the “Ariston” incorporates ... over the one most Camping Worlds have in stock. The Ariston says Ariston on the doors of each unit ... but nobody has been able to tell me a difference.

Also do you use Splendide detergent or ???
    2019 Grand Design SOLITUDE 310GK-R
    2017 F250 Super Duty 4X4 Turbo Diesel
    Crew Cab, Short Wheelbase, SRW
    PullRite SuperGlide 18,000# Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea of the difference, the wife says she just uses regular All HE laundry detergent in our splendide machine never had any issues use it a lot.
    David, Victoria & Scout

2018 Ford F-350 CCLB DRW Metallic Power stroke diesel
    2017 310-GK R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Westland Sales in Lake Oswego, OR (just outside Portland) is the importer of Ariston 110V units under their Splendide name. They are made by Ariston. They are very big in Europe, and the separate washer and dryer perform really well. We had a set from another company (Pinnacle) which can be found under a number of names. The dryer failed first, and then the washing machine. We replaced with them units from Ariston, and haven't looked back. Do a search online and you can quickly locate the lowest price. It may be Camping World, it may be someone else. They are usually freight shipped, but they don't weigh very much.

You can also get parts through Westland. Pinnacle claimed to have parts service, but it took forever to get anything through them, often requiring multiple calls and e-mail messages.

There are several problems with the "ventless" combo units you find. One is that they use cold water in the drying process for the clothes. They run warm air through the inner drum, and run cold water over the outside of the outer surface of the drum. The condensation that forms on the inside of the outer wall of the drum is then drained off. If you are boondocking, that may be a real problem. They also usually don't dry the clothes all the way. A separate, vented dryer is always the best choice.

Any HE detergent will work.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 310GK-R, and would like to know about the installation in the curb side closet, made for stackable washer/dryer. There’s a + where you should cut the 4” hole for the dryer vent. Did you purchase a 90 degree fitting to go up to the dryer? I’m wondering how a 4” dryer vent hose fits between the side of the washer cabinet and snakes around to the back of the dryer? If ANYONE has a detailed video, or a series of photos of the installation in a 310Gk ... I’d love to see them. Please PM me if you’d be open to talking about your installation.
    2019 Grand Design SOLITUDE 310GK-R
    2017 F250 Super Duty 4X4 Turbo Diesel
    Crew Cab, Short Wheelbase, SRW
    PullRite SuperGlide 18,000# Hitch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast