Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Washer and Dryer

Looking to add a washer dryer to our Solitude. Preference and why - Washer Dryer combo or Stackable units? Thanks

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We prefer separate units. That allows us to wash a load while drying another. A vented dryer will dry loads more quickly than unvented although 110v RV dryers aren't nearly as fast as a 220v home dryer. We had the washer on the curb side of our Reflection and dryer on the street side. But, we will be stacking the dryer on top of the washer in our new Solitude because there is only a single closet for both. Whichever way you go, having a washer and dryer in the RV is a luxury if you spend a lot of time in the RV. My wife wasn't sure if we "needed" a washer and dryer in our RV but once she started using them, she said she would never own an RV without them. Way more convenient than a laundromat.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the stackable Splendide and I am very pleased. Main reason for the choice is to be able to run both at once.

As we are not yet retired and typically do weekend or long weekend trips, we don't run the washer often (yet! Longer trips planned in a few years). That said, we use the dryer often. Wet towels go right into the dryer after showering.

I'd also add, we can feel the washer spinning on the rinse cycle, but the dryer is super quiet and we don't even hear it running.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys have me excited to get mine next week. Having the stackable set installed in the 375 before delivery. I too am just doing weekend and some week long trips for now but plan to full time in a few years, seems like a huge convenience to have them.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get the largest drum washer you can fit, be sure to measure every door because they aren't all the same size.

Get this dryer

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000Y...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best 120v dryer there is.

We aren't a fan of combo units. Weekend camper that didn't do much laundry they can work. Stackable units are far superior to the combo, even vented, in every way.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Get this dryer

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000Y...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best 120v dryer there is.
    That's the model we had in our Reflection and ordered for our new Solitude.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the information. The link you supplied doesn't work. What is the make and model of the dryer?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the link for the Splendide models I have, I can't compare to the Whirlpool model posted above, but certainly worth a look. I have been very pleased.

http://www.splendide.com/compare_specs_stack.htm
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopinator73 View Post
    Thank you for the information. The link you supplied doesn't work. What is the make and model of the dryer?
    Whirlpool LDR3822PQ White 120V Electric Dryer
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopinator73 View Post
    Looking to add a washer dryer to our Solitude. Preference and why - Washer Dryer combo or Stackable units? Thanks
    Not an expert, and we don't have ours yet.

However I've learned in looking that the washer/dryer combo units are often - maybe always - poor dryers. Many/all of them produce damp clothes that have to be hung up to dry fully. Probably worth asking about this as you shop.

Good luck and please post when you've made your decision.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast