Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisminister7 View Post
    I also have a 310GK-R, and would like to know about the installation in the curb side closet, made for stackable washer/dryer. There’s a + where you should cut the 4” hole for the dryer vent. Did you purchase a 90 degree fitting to go up to the dryer? I’m wondering how a 4” dryer vent hose fits between the side of the washer cabinet and snakes around to the back of the dryer? If ANYONE has a detailed video, or a series of photos of the installation in a 310Gk ... I’d love to see them. Please PM me if you’d be open to talking about your installation.
    I had our 310 in for warranty work and had our dealer install the vented combo unit as a surprise for my wife. They actually ran the vent pipe thru the front closet wall and out the side closer to the front of the rv. I like this better than where it is marked , as there is nothing visible or in the way. They put the single shelf just above the unit. Also used a drip pan with a drain hose at the pin box. PM me if you would like measurements where the vent was installed.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 310GK-R, and would like to know about the installation in the curb side closet, made for stackable washer/dryer. There’s a + where you should cut the 4” hole for the dryer vent. Did you purchase a 90 degree fitting to go up to the dryer? I’m wondering how a 4” dryer vent hose fits between the side of the washer cabinet and snakes around to the back of the dryer? If ANYONE has a detailed video, or a series of photos of the installation in a 310Gk ... I’d love to see them. Please PM me if you’d be open to talking about your installation.
    We have a 2018 310GK and there is no way to run the dryer vent to the outside wall without crushing the vent with the corner of the washer/dryer (you can take measurements to verify this for yourself).

We had the dealer install the stackable unit and they really messed it up.

The problem has to do with the angle that they built the closet, it puts the corner of the washer/dryer deep into the right hand corner because the wall angles backward (toward the rear of the coach). There is plenty of room behind the dryer on the left hand site of the closet, but there is no room on the right hand side).

Consequently, you need to cut an access hole into the rear of the closet to allow you to drill the vent hole a couple of inches behind the point where the closet wall is attached to the outside (curbside) wall. Then you can run the vent hose behind the closet wall where it will not get crushed. This project is on my to-do list.

One other recommendation: go into the hold and install a pair of water shut-off valves for the washer where you can have easy access, you can not reach the regular shut-off valves if the washer is in place (ask me how I know).

This applies to the 2018 model, I do not know about any other model year.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Splendide combo unit, room for combo unit only. Dries clothes well, only issue is due to small drum size, clothes come out somewhat wrinkled. We can live with it considering the convenience. GD has the only bunkroom TT that is plumbed for washer/dryer, at least I've never found another.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Charlie, I’ve been working trying to figure out how to vent the dryer. I mounted the outside vent where it’s marked in the curbside closest. (Don’t know why the factory suggested it be placed there.) Now it’s a real hassle trying to run vent pipes up (vertically) to where they’d be ABOVE the plastic panel (that houses the water shutoff valves and the washer drain), then horizontal to where the nose of the rv starts curving inward, then a 90 degree to parallel the front cap, and another 90 to hook up. (That’s four 90 degree turns... I don’t like that!)

Next ... to hook up the drain pan (tomorrow).

Please tell mr where you drained the drain pan...
    Do you have measurements or photos? Or both?
    The drain pan has a 1/2” ID female molded into it. I bought a 1/2” male that screws into the pan and has a 1/2” barbed on the other end. Now, with a 1/2” clear hose, I can run anywhere. But there shouldn’t be ANY uphill slopes, to ensure adequate draining.

Do you know what’s directly under the drain pan (under the carpet). I’d really like to have it not show from the outside.

Thanks for your input!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Charlie, I’ve been working trying to figure out how to vent the dryer. I mounted the outside vent where it’s marked in the curbside closest. (Don’t know why the factory suggested it be placed there.) Now it’s a real hassle trying to run vent pipes up (vertically) to where they’d be ABOVE the plastic panel (that houses the water shutoff valves and the washer drain), then horizontal to where the nose of the rv starts curving inward, then a 90 degree to parallel the front cap, and another 90 to hook up. (That’s four 90 degree turns... I don’t like that!)

Next ... to hook up the drain pan (tomorrow).

Please tell mr where you drained the drain pan...
    Do you have measurements or photos? Or both?
    The drain pan has a 1/2” ID female molded into it. I bought a 1/2” male that screws into the pan and has a 1/2” barbed on the other end. Now, with a 1/2” clear hose, I can run anywhere. But there shouldn’t be ANY uphill slopes, to ensure adequate draining.

Do you know what’s directly under the drain pan (under the carpet). I’d really like to have it not show from the outside.

Thanks for your input!!!
    First on the vent. Sounds like you already cut a hole , so this info will be NG. The bottom rear corner of the vent cover on the outside is directly above where the cap meets the side wall ( slightly forward of the amber marker lamp ) , 18” up from the overhang.
    The drain for the pan is inside the overhang with nothing visible. Supposedly there is a tube attached to direct water to drip at the pin box , although I cannot confirm that. I have a water sensor in the pan that will alarm before any substantive amount of water ends up inside the overhang.
    Typically I would have done the install myself , but I was in a bit of a time crunch. As it worked out it was well worth the cost because I would have installed the vent where GD has it marked. The forward installation is a much better / neater install.
    Good luck , Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123