User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

delamination on new rv

I purchased a new 351m and brought it home and parked it. a few days later i noticed a bubble in the exterior fiberglass skin about 5" round i have contacted the factory service manager and his answer is to take to a body shop and cut the bubble out and patch the skin. I don't like the idea of cutting the skin not to mention i paid a great deal for quality.There has to be a better solution.Any ideas greatly appreciated

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi there. Welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry you had this happen. Other than replacing the wall, that is the solution. When done by a competent RV repair shop, the wall will be structurally and cosmetically as good as new.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Jim,I am currently working with the dealership and the factory, Factory rep still want's the have a body shop cut and patch hope the dealer has some influence on fix.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have GD provide the name of the repair shop. That way if it turns out like crap, it's on GD and not you or the dealer. As it's under the 3 year structural warranty and 12 month bumper to bumper, GD should be responsible for getting it to and from the repair shop it it's not local.

Thinking out loud here, a boat repair facility might be a better choice as they deal with fiberglass repairs every day. Some RV repair shops can barely fix a hot water heater.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for response.I really don't like the idea of cutting a hole in the skin of a new rv. I have the dealership where i purchased the unit in on the problem now as well. Hopefully GD will come up with a better solution. The ball is in their court now let's see if they stand behind their claim of quality and service.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wmrain View Post
    Thank you for response.I really don't like the idea of cutting a hole in the skin of a new rv. I have the dealership where i purchased the unit in on the problem now as well. Hopefully GD will come up with a better solution. The ball is in their court now let's see if they stand behind their claim of quality and service.
    Please keep us up to date on how this gets resolved. It will be good information for owners with the same issue in the future.

Jim