User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    Sounds good. Curious question....that floor plan shows a TV in front of that window. Is it on a televator so it can be lowered to allow you to look out?
    The tv is in fact on a televator...... There's even a pull down shade that can be pulled down in the daytime to block the light from coming in the window, if you're watching tv during the day.

As others have discussed, there is not a sound bar or subwoofer provided by Grand Design.... I am investigating the possibility of adding a sound bar, as the only two choices for tv sound are the tv speakers themselves, or the two "stereo system" speakers which are high mounted in the cabinets surrounding the tv and fireplace.

One such idea I am looking into is actually removing the hinged televator cabinet door and mounting it to the top of the television itself, then mounting the soundbar
    to the wooden lid.... In my Renegade, the sound bar rode up and down with the tv and the sound bar simply rested on the wooden lid when the tv was in the "down"
    position.... Might not be feasible or easy to accomplish, but I'm at least going to look into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    The body shop tool is literally a gum eraser on a die grinder. Do not use it on a plastic windscreen as it will burn. Probably ok on glass. I would use goo gone and heat, letting both do their job before trying to get the decal off.
    The windshield is glass. I still wouldn’t use the eraser wheel. I’d think a razor blade and some window cleaner would do the trick.

I use this every time I change registration stickers on my cars or remove any stickers on glass for that matter. Never had an issue.
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
    The tv is in fact on a televator...... There's even a pull down shade that can be pulled down in the daytime to block the light from coming in the window, if you're watching tv during the day.

As others have discussed, there is not a sound bar or subwoofer provided by Grand Design.... I am investigating the possibility of adding a sound bar, as the only two choices for tv sound are the tv speakers themselves, or the two "stereo system" speakers which are high mounted in the cabinets surrounding the tv and fireplace.

One such idea I am looking into is actually removing the hinged televator cabinet door and mounting it to the top of the television itself, then mounting the soundbar
    to the wooden lid.... In my Renegade, the sound bar rode up and down with the tv and the sound bar simply rested on the wooden lid when the tv was in the "down"
    position.... Might not be feasible or easy to accomplish, but I'm at least going to look into it.
    We have overhead cabinets over the TV that would prevent me from doing that but it is a good idea if you have the space at the top. We have the fireplace just below and in front of the TV cabinet. Just above the fireplace, the front of the 'mantle' area hinges out revealing a wide but not too deep space that could accommodate a small sound bar. However, you would have to either remove the hinged front or leave it open when you want to use the sound bar. Not sure what GD planned for the small space but it is there.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason, the 380FL floor plan does not incorporate the drop down shelf over the fireplace. As I learn more about GD and their floor plans, I'm a bit bewildered with some of the inconsistencies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A warm clear day, razor scraper, ladder, bucket of warm soapy water, and about an hours time you will have a wonderfully clear picture window. Takes less time to do than too worry about how too do it.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12