User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude Logo On Windshield

So, we LOVE our Solitude 374TH. However, I don't love the stick on logo that is pasted on the windshield (this model has a front salon with a beautiful windshield to look out of). The logo obstructs my view and I really don't care if anyone is impressed with the name. This thing is coming off ... I know that a razor blade and some Goo Gone will do it, but I'm wondering if anyone has found an easier way (heat, solvents, etc). I don't want to do anything hat will damage the windshield.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A hair dryer or heat gun on low, and plastic razor blades should do the trick. You may need goo-gone for any remaining glue from the decal.
    [/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Body shops use some kind of wheel on a drill or grinders that takes decals off. Not sure if that could be used here or not.
    Maybe ask a local body shop or such.

Brian

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Body shops use some kind of wheel on a drill or grinders that takes decals off. Not sure if that could be used here or not.
    Maybe ask a local body shop or such.

Brian
    The body shop tool is literally a gum eraser on a die grinder. Do not use it on a plastic windscreen as it will burn. Probably ok on glass. I would use goo gone and heat, letting both do their job before trying to get the decal off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    So, we LOVE our Solitude 374TH. However, I don't love the stick on logo that is pasted on the windshield (this model has a front salon with a beautiful windshield to look out of). The logo obstructs my view and I really don't care if anyone is impressed with the name. This thing is coming off ... I know that a razor blade and some Goo Gone will do it, but I'm wondering if anyone has found an easier way (heat, solvents, etc). I don't want to do anything hat will damage the windshield.
    I noticed on ours while washing that the logo is starting to come off so I've been careful working around it. Eventually I will also remove mine so interested to see how u make out
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanker24 View Post
    I noticed on ours while washing that the logo is starting to come off so I've been careful working around it. Eventually I will also remove mine so interested to see how u make out
    Haven't done it yet and now the cold weather has set in. I'll be doing it when we get to our winter spot in Alabama. I'll update when I do it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.... I'll be watching this thread, as we take delivery of our 2019 380 FL this coming Saturday and I can tell you that pesky decal has been on my mind.

Our lot faces the lake and it'd be much nicer to look out the window and see the lake without the decal being in the way.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scheduled to take delivery of our 380FL on Saturday, so I was over at the dealer and made certain the PDI tech knew that we wanted the decal off.... He felt pretty certain that since it was new, that he could get it off with maybe a little persuasion from a blow dryer.... I'll update my findings on Saturday evening, when we get her back to our winter home here in Fort Myers.
    As a side note, the folks here at Palm RV in Fort Myers have been a dream to work with so far.... We stopped by yesterday to drop off a couple towel bars and met Jamie, our PDI tech and he was ever so ready to answer any questions we had.
    I am told to expect about a three hour PDI tour, but even Jamie said that "depends" on my comfort level.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to update my findings from the windshield decal....

I'm not sure whether it was because it was a brand new unit, but on Saturday morning the PDI guys got on ladders and were able to simply peel the
    decals off... It was interesting to see that each letter was a separate decal.

The good news is that.... we have an unobstructed view of the lake from the front window.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good. Curious question....that floor plan shows a TV in front of that window. Is it on a televator so it can be lowered to allow you to look out?

We have a nice window behind our televator TV but haven't used it yet.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast