Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wavecruzer79 View Post
    Hey Rich,

Looking at converting the Norcold 2118 to the Samsung RF18... assuming that's what you got. It's going into a 2021 GD 397TH, what depth did you get, they have two options, counter and full depth. I have 3 200mAh deep cycle batteries in parallel and a Victron battery minder. I read somewhere this fridge has a built-in inverter? Or will I need to buy one of these too? How do I ensure my truck is actually charging my batteries when driving?

https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appl...f18hfenbsg-us/

Thanks,
    Jon
    I have a Samsung in my 2021 S-class. It's only one month old and has never worked correctly. Samsung customer service is horrible. I've tried to get a service tech through them, but they can't find one in my area. I don't really want to take it to an RV dealer to have it fixed because they'll have my fifth wheel forever before they get to it. Just my two cents on Samsung.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat
    2021 Solitude S-class 3540GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wavecruzer79 View Post
    Hey Rich,

Looking at converting the Norcold 2118 to the Samsung RF18... assuming that's what you got. It's going into a 2021 GD 397TH, what depth did you get, they have two options, counter and full depth. I have 3 200mAh deep cycle batteries in parallel and a Victron battery minder. I read somewhere this fridge has a built-in inverter? Or will I need to buy one of these too? How do I ensure my truck is actually charging my batteries when driving?

https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appl...f18hfenbsg-us/

Thanks,
    Jon
    Not Rich but I also have the samsung.

You want the counter depth.
    You'll need to add an inverter, the fridge will only run off 110.
    Installing a battery monitor would probably be the best way
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maldds View Post
    I have a Samsung in my 2021 S-class. It's only one month old and has never worked correctly. Samsung customer service is horrible. I've tried to get a service tech through them, but they can't find one in my area. I don't really want to take it to an RV dealer to have it fixed because they'll have my fifth wheel forever before they get to it. Just my two cents on Samsung.
    After some research, I’m thinking about having these guys out the dual compressor style cooling unit into my existing Norcold. It replaces the hot one with a residential style but runs on 12v.

https://jc-refrigeration.com

I saw this guy do it on YouTube. Boring start, but gets into the meat of it around 15 or 16 min.

https://youtu.be/LHIgoWqiJ60

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maldds View Post
    What exactly is the problem? so far mine hasn't had any issues. I would call around to local appliance repair companies and find one that is factory authorized. It will be much easier than working through Samsung. Its probably the same thing the dealer will do if its a problem with the fridge and not the RV. They more than likely cant fix it either.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last Jayco had the whirlpool and came with 2 12v batteries and never had a problem. Longest day was 12hrs. with no temp. changes in fridge. My Grand Design came with the Samsung and 1 12v battery and after 1 yr. no problems. Longest day has been 9hrs. I have it set at 38 in fridge and -2 in freezer and it's never changed during travel. I plan on changing the 12v out for two 6v but haven't had the need to do it yet.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm closing this thread since it is now 2-1/2 years old and contains a lot of outdated info. If you have refrigerator related questions and can't find the answers using the search function, feel free to start a new thread.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123