User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DennisK

Satellite to all 3 televisions. SOLVED!

Not sure if there are other posts regarding this but we took our Solitude out for the week. One thing that I thought would be difficult was gaining ability to watch satellite in the living room, bedroom and my favorite place... Outside. It is easy to do and thought i would share.

1. Hook satellite dish coax to the living room jack in convenience center by outdoor shower.

2. I placed my receiver in the upper right cabinet in entertainment center and hooked coax to receiver is satellite jack. A/V to television is via HDMI cable.

3. Unscrewed factory installed cable that the antenna feeds tv with.

4. Attached additional piece of coax from the satellite tv output jack on satellite tuner and attached to where I removed cable in step 3. I am essentially back feeding the entire system

5. In bedroom, attach coax to the second rf jack, tune tv to either channel 3 or 4 and enjoy tv

6. Repeat process for outside.

Ready for football season now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dennis! Definitely will give this a try
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dennis K. But all 3 TV's have to watch the same program if you only have 1 box. I have a portable sat dish with a 4 way splitter on it to feed the 3 inside TV's and 1 outside in compartment. I have 4 directv boxes that I turn on during camping season and turn off when the season is over. Extra $5 per box when turned on. Then I can watch sports outside, son can watch kids shows inside living room or garage and wife can watch what she wants in bedroom. Splitter can be purchased for under $20. The only down side is the 4 wires going from dish to the convenience center (plus 1 for cable in case of storms).
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags

Originally Seattle Area, Winter in Apache Junction and travel in our Solitude in the Summer!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience is it will not work if you are using a Directv SWM system there is an ODU that outputs 18 volts to the LNB on the Dish. The RG6 cabling splitters need to allow 18 volts to pass through them. Normal splitters will not work. I had to have a jack installed in the slide so I could run my RG6 cable from the dish directly to the ODU by-passing the cabling in the rig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Randy & Peggy Larson
    2014 369RL #716
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Powerstroke
    All of these States and Provinces in 2 years. Love our Solitude!!

DennisK
    It is true that I have to watch the same channel on each television as the signal is split at the tuner output. Not a problem as it is only my wife and I. We use Dish and a Tailgater antenna.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks exactly what I was looking for. Do you have a roof mount or portable dish?
    Dave
    Dave & and; Jody
    2014 Solitude 369RL #918
    2012 Chevy 2500 Duramax SRW

LA5ver
    How do you handle OTA inputs to the receiver if you are using the cable/antenna cables to send the receiver output to the other tvs?
    Mike

Tileguy
    I have a portable direct tv dish that allows for four seperate cables to be connected ( no splitter )
    To the dish. I connect each cable to one of the four inputs in the camper garage.
    With a receiver at each TV we are able to watch each independently.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dennis, I know you posted this a while ago, but I hope you are still here. I just bought a 369RL and have been experimenting with the rigging to get one signal to all three tvs like you did. It sounds like you used the beige antenna wire that feeds in to the wire bundle. Let me know if that is the correct wire. Right now I have signal going to all 3, but I did it by back feeding the cable wire to the outside box and then splitting it off to the BR and PT. Your way sounds much more simple and cuts out the splitters.

Hogans
    Jeff - LIHC, what type dish are you using. I understand if you get the new Winegard SK-SWM3 Slimline Automatic Multi-Satellite TV Antenna for Direc tv you can run one line in and spit to all for tv boxes. do you have all boxes in the same place and use RF remotes or do you have the boxes in each room.
    Last edited by Hogans; 02-11-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast