User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion the grease is part of the problem so until it is replaced along with the brakes, the job is not done!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redspeed3` View Post
    I took my rig to one of the local GD dealers to get the parts installed under warranty service. They called me up to verify GD would pay for the replacement and asked since they were in there did I want the bearings re-packed. I figured that would be a trivial out of pocket cost, but they were going to charge $260 for the two axels! Really? This is like at most $20 in parts cost (grease) and like 10 minutes of labor (wipe axel, pack bearing) ontop of what they already are getting paid for by GD.

No thanks. I'll do it myself and spend that $260 on something more enjoyable.
    We had both our leaf springs and brakes replaced just last week. GD sent us the 3000# springs (upgrade) and full back plates with new grease seals. We took it to a local RV repair shop and they installed everything which included new wheel bearings and replacement of one drum that was badly scarred from the electric brake. GD is sending us a check for the full labor costs as well as the cost for the drum and new wheel bearings. Perhaps it's because the repair shop's labor charge was fair enough to justify it. I'm just glad they covered everything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As already mentioned, don’t believe the dealer.

I’m laughing and wondering how the dealer plans on cleaning out the original runny grease without cleaning and repacking.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post In case you were wondering.....

Yesterday, I was driving home and passed a Lippert assembly plant that had a tractor trailer full of axles.
    This morning I searched on Lippert and found they indeed that plant is the axle assembly plant in Nampa, Idaho.
    This web page shows where Lippert has there various assembly locations throughout the US and Europe.
    You may (or may not) be surprised at where they have their fingers into..
    Enjoy,
    https://www.lci1.com/locations
    FB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to check/repack my bearings when I winterize my trailer this fall and was wondering about the grease seals. Dexter says there seals are a # 010-036-00. My question is what might a person use for their seals regarding quality. I don't want to do the work and then skimp on spending a few extra dollars on the seals. Also I have always used the Lucas Red and Tacky grease and was wondering on any thoughts on this. TIA

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    I am going to check/repack my bearings when I winterize my trailer this fall and was wondering about the grease seals. Dexter says there seals are a # 010-036-00. My question is what might a person use for their seals regarding quality. I don't want to do the work and then skimp on spending a few extra dollars on the seals. Also I have always used the Lucas Red and Tacky grease and was wondering on any thoughts on this. TIA
    FYI - your post might get more responses if it was a new thread, instead of a reply to one that was over 3 yrs old. I just happened here, because it was a "thing" back when I got my trailer, and I wondered if it had reared it's head again.

In answer, most people would automatically say "Timkin" is the brand you want. You may have to call around to a few auto and trailer places to find out who carries them near you. Best bet is to take in an old one with, to verify against the new.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234