Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Try using an umbrella?

[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is particular about the appearance and running a six foot hose down either side just isn't going to work. So holding an umbrella while attaching a hose to the gutter system while on an aluminum ladder. Did something like that once on a storm restoration down in Louisiana with cell service down all around. Had a ladder in the back end of pick up as I set on the top of the ladder holding an umbrella using the cell phone to listen in on storm restoration efforts call. Oh if the safety people would have seen that. I am going to try to elevate the front some but it seems I tried it and it still was dripping.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What is so important you just gotta get into the storage compartment while it's raining?

LOL
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am new to the forum so had to grin when I saw your post. I had many choice words for the idiot designer at Grand Design. He obviously never had to set up the rig in a down pour. Unforgivable design mistake. I fixed the problem with plumbers putty and effectively dammed up the front gutter spouts. Then I drilled 1/4 inch holes in the gutters about 18 inches back from the front spouts. The rain water now drains down the side of the trailer but not on my head while accessing the pass through storage compartment.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my old Jayco I put a plastic clothes pin on the end of the gutter at each corner. These directed the water out farther from the corners. Could this help your situation?
    Use the better clothes pins with strong springs and they won't fall off while traveling.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Due to location of spouts clothes pin would need to about 18 inches long

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpallen View Post
    No. Due to location of spouts clothes pin would need to about 18 inches long
    So far, since August of ‘17, we’ve never had to set up/break down in a heavy rain. If it was raining, there were lucky breaks. This year, we arrived at a CG in a heavy downpour, that only occasionally weakened to steady rain, then would pick up again. Umbrellas only served to send more water into the pass through. Once home, this is what I came up with!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4BE4840A-BD2F-43E7-9795-A6606A6F8748.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	745.5 KB 
ID:	21835

Name:	D50FA0D8-0A9E-47F6-B943-8A2DF2C1006A.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	822.0 KB 
ID:	21836
    Granny will have horns when it rains!
    I used industrial Velcro and a 6’ pipe insulation tube (cut in half, so two 3’ lengths). Velcro hook pieces are inside the tube ends, while the loop pieces are on either side of the gutter spouts. I can push the tube on the spout, having the Velcro catch without a ladder. Thinking the water might bend the tube downward, I attached another piece of loop on the front trim, and a hook piece halfway down the outside of the tube to divert the end of the tube to the front of the trailer.

While waiting for rain to test this out, the adhesive on the OUTSIDE of the pipe insulation heated up and let go of the tube, so I zip-tied it back on. As soon as it rains, I’ll take a picture of how it works!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, moderate rain yesterday, and it works!

Name:	86F90C60-27CF-4D64-B843-1C826E2A7CC2.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	862.0 KB 
ID:	21857

A video would have shown that the streams of water were coming out of the ends in a spiral. Kind of mesmerizing to watch.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Well, moderate rain yesterday, and it works!

Name:	86F90C60-27CF-4D64-B843-1C826E2A7CC2.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	862.0 KB 
ID:	21857

A video would have shown that the streams of water were coming out of the ends in a spiral. Kind of mesmerizing to watch.
    N
    Great solution. The designer’s hands are tied with units that have a front pass through storage (place to get the tongue weight up) and a front bedroom. The access hatch can’t be anywhere but under the drip spout. A full time enclosed downspout would be a debris clogged nightmare, so a temporary diverted like you’ve built is ideal.
    The only time I’ve encountered a drip was when opening the hatch the “vibration” causes dew drops to fall. on my 2150RB the AC drip seems to typically be off the rear spouts.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skiddy, Noticed that with our AC as well. Luckily, no workings back there to make you want to stand there, but I’ve filled my watering can in that stream.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast