User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    DennisK

Cool Reading lights in Solitude continue to glow when off

We have a 369RL and the two lights over the bed have a constant glow and the ambient light makes it difficult to get to sleep. Is there any way to completely darken them without removing the fixture? We use them but when they are off, I want darkness. It is a dim glow, but both if them allow all night LNG. Very annoying.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a wild guess but I wonder if the switch is faulty and you still have some small voltage reaching the lights even when it's in the OFF position. If you have a voltage meter, you could check for voltage at the fixture when the switch is OFF...may need a new switch.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    We have a 369RL and the two lights over the bed have a constant glow and the ambient light makes it difficult to get to sleep. Is there any way to completely darken them without removing the fixture? We use them but when they are off, I want darkness. It is a dim glow, but both if them allow all night LNG. Very annoying.
    Hi Dennis and Melissa (@DennisK),

Please contact our Customer Support team directly for assistance by calling (574) 825-9679. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

DennisK
    I called GD this morning and spoke with JD. He seems to think that it may be related to the under slide LED lights. When he asked if I used them, I replied that I turn them on every night. Next time out, I will turn them off and see if the inside lights still glow.

Lidreaux
    We just bought ours yesterday and have the same issue with the reading lights in the bedroom except only one glows blue when they are turned off. We also had 2 low tires when we did our PDI. I mentioned it to the PDI guy and he said "They just look low cause they are sitting in water because it just rained. " We found other issues....enough that it scared me so we talked about walking away from the deal. We slept on it overnight and decided they were all minor issues and could be fixed. When we took delivery, a different guy noticed they were low, one by 20 pounds!!! It frustrated me because they wouldn't listen to me....I guess because I'm young, blonde, and female. Anyway we r having the same issue with the tires and the reading lights. Any other info u have is appreciated. Thanks
    ~Lisa~

DennisK
    Lisa,

I know it is a bit frustrating but we are very happy with our unit. The LEDs over the bed issue is interesting... I called Grand Design and they said that it may be caused by having the LEDs on under the bedroom slide out. Come to think of it, I always did have those turned on so I wouldn't crack my head at night if I went to that side of the camper. I spoke with Grand Design and they suggested I try turning off those LEDs and see if the ones over the bed still glow. He seems to think that it is getting some overflow power from the circuit board that they are both hooked up to. Seems to make sense to me. I am anxious to try. No, it is still not "fixed" but it is a start and at least they will hopefully know what to do.

The tire issue is inexcusable in my opinion. It is a safety issue and needs to be addressed with their supplier. Come on... a $70K investment and half of their tires are leaking? Is that acceptable?

Lidreaux
    Valve stem seems to be our problem on at least one tire. I also checked the led lights on the slide out we did not have them on so I turned them on, then off and rechecked the reading light. Still glowing blue.
    ~Lisa~
    PS...wondering if ours came off the same assembly line. LOL

DennisK
    Quote Originally Posted by Lidreaux View Post
    Valve stem seems to be our problem on at least one tire. I also checked the led lights on the slide out we did not have them on so I turned them on, then off and rechecked the reading light. Still glowing blue.
    ~Lisa~
    PS...wondering if ours came off the same assembly line. LOL
    Sure seems like it. Just out of curiosity, what are the last 4 numbers on your VIN? mine is 2566, tyhat is the serial number. It would be interesting to see how closely they were assembled.

Lidreaux
    Mfg date is 06/05/14 & vin# 2564. I think we are on to sumthin.

DennisK
    Very interesting.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast