User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valve Stems and TPMS

So, I realize there are a ton of posts on this subject, and from what I gather from them is that if you plan to use external TPMS transmitters that you should use metal valve stems. Makes sense. However, the last visit to my dealer they didn’t have the equipment to do it on site and I forgot to ask them to do it when I had them put on the CRE3000’s.

Looking at the stock stems on my 2019 2670MK, they appear to be metal until halfway up the stem. Does anyone have external TPMS on the stock 2670MK stems, or other similar Imagine trailer? Should I just wait until I have time to take it to a tire place and get new stems?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

George
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    George & Lani
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi George - The metal stem requirement is brand specific and model. What brand and model of TPMS are you using? For example, all TST models recommend using solid metal stems.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran with the flow-thru TST sensors on rubber stems for several years, but it's not recommended. Recently I switched to the internal version of their sensors (and also got metal stems). Any of the big tire shops should be able to put metal stems in for you.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was looking at the EEZTire TPMS4 (non flow through) but there are significantly less expensive options I was considering trying like the yokaro which have great reviews from travel trailer users. Over $200 less is compelling. I may not be looking at the right place but I can’t find anywhere where it says metal stems are required on either of those. Assume it has a lot to do with the weight of the sensors (10 grams on the yokaro & 22 grams on the EEZTire)? Also likely some CYA factor of the OEM’s legal department.

George
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    George & Lani
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George,

Curious if you ended up getting a system and if so what you got and how it was working.
    Mike, Linda, and Shady (terrier mix rescue)

Reflection 150 230 RL with free standing dinette (swapped location of the dinette and the recliners)
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali
    B&W Companion Hitch and Turning Point Pin Box locked out