Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post

Wow, that looks REALLY nice!
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed these over the bed a while back and they work like a champ. The touch dimming is nice. I also installed a pair of these above the recliners. The 315 has one large, bright light fixture in this location that shines in your eyes. These directional reading lights solved that problem.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Chiefblueman; 04-02-2019 at 01:34 AM. Reason: added link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kim, I would like to do the same. Where do you get the mounting plates?
    Kirk
    Kirk & Melissa
    2016 Reflection 303RLS #4989
    2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Diesel
    Fort Worth, TX

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kirk, I won't wait for Kim to reply

If you go back a couple posts, I gave the link to thingiverse where I made the file available. Here is the link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3531945

If you have a 3D printer, you should be able to whip them up in what ever color you want. If you do not have one, find a friend that does, or I think you can have them printed and shipped right from thingiverse now too.

Jim
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk&melissa View Post
    Kim, I would like to do the same. Where do you get the mounting plates?
    Kirk
    I didn't use mounting plates, just the bezels that came with the lights. In the bedroom I left the old fixtures in place and mounted the reading lights a little aft so the light comes over the shoulder and on the reading material. The existing fixtures provide extra lighting in the room, handy when I drop stuff on the floor Over the recliners I left the original fixture in place and mounted the new reading lights a little further back so they wouldn't shine toward my face, so new holes were used that the bezels covered. I wanted to keep the original fixture here for additional cabin lighting if needed.

Those mounting plates are really nice, I'd have used them if I had them. Nice stuff Jim!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    I didn't use mounting plates, just the bezels that came with the lights. In the bedroom I left the old fixtures in place and mounted the reading lights a little aft so the light comes over the shoulder and on the reading material. The existing fixtures provide extra lighting in the room, handy when I drop stuff on the floor Over the recliners I left the original fixture in place and mounted the new reading lights a little further back so they wouldn't shine toward my face, so new holes were used that the bezels covered. I wanted to keep the original fixture here for additional cabin lighting if needed.

Those mounting plates are really nice, I'd have used them if I had them. Nice stuff Jim!
    Thanks sir. I may yet install one of the original LEDs between the reading lights. One is plenty with the other two LED pucks already in the room. Everything is LED and super bright.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190403_183306.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	19021

Just a follow-up picture showing both now installed.

I really want to do something with the center part of the overhead storage. It is very difficult to use as it is with that cabinet being one single large opening with a door on each end. Another future mod.
    I am also going to cut the panel over the shoe storage area in the entry as there is a lot of room not being used above the floor there. Plenty of room for another shelf for more shoes. With four of us in there, it gets to be too much for the way it is set up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

moar mods.

Couple simple ones this round. First up, received and installed the hitch 2516 lock from Proven Locks. Looks good, should work a treat at making the neighbors a better target than us.

Name:	20190406_203736.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	19080

Next, just a simple modification under the lower bunk. We have a lifetime table that we like to set outside the camper, and storing it right by the door is very handy. It used to flop over, but no more. This is just a smoothly finished piece of angle I had laying around. I mounted it with 2 #10 x 3/4" screws. Good to go.

Name:	20190406_210239.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	19081

Finally, we have been wanting to do something with the huge amount of space behind the TV. It is too deep to really be easily used from the entryway, so the better half happened upon a couple plastic drawer things that fit in there just about right. I put my tool box on the side of it, and the woodwork behind the TV has a lip that just keeps everything in place.

Name:	20190406_211712.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	19082

Jim

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	20190407_154555.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	19111

Yesterday I was able to get the bike rack installed. This is a pretty nice unit, except for the name. "Jack-It"... really Lippert? At any rate, it is a solid piece and seems to hold the bikes well. You can also padlock the pieces, and then bike lock the bikes to the mount itself for added security. It was a pretty straight-forward install with the only tricky part being the length of wire that powers the jack limiting your ability to alight the jack, the hole it goes through, and the mount at the same time. I finally found the right angle and it all went together without removing the wire.

Jim

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also got tired of the 751s for many reasons including security and they quickly became hard to insert the keys into, to name a few. So they are gone.

Name:	newlocks.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	19202

Something to note for the other Imagine owners out there, and probably anyone with these doors: On one of the pass-through doors, I found out the factory lock was just barely engaging. When I put the new locks in, the cam was just slightly shorter, and by slightly, maybe 1/16". It did not engage enough to lock the door. I had to go with 1.5" long cams where the factory ones are 1.25". These engage much better now, and the locks are much smoother in operation.

Jim

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast