User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. Can’t wait to start the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    Hi Dan, if you can swing it, go with the Lithium. You won't regret it, and can add to it later. You will save a lot of weight over 2 6v GC batteries as well as have the same capacity usable. You can even leave your factory wfco in there for now. It won't hurt the battery, it just won't fully charge it is all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works great, and now it can be yours!

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...s-solar-option
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of that stuff was easy. Thankfully this was pretty straight-forward as well:

Attachment 16134

to
    Attachment 16137

including these:
    Attachment 16138

Since I had the wheels off, it was a perfect time to take them to the local tire shop for some solid metal valve stems to hold the tire monitoring sensors securely.

Attachment 16139
    I know this is an older post, and I see in your signature that you have sold your 2400BH, but I just wanted to ask you about your experience with the Morryde equalizer and shackle upgrade. Do you think it was worth it and would you do it again? Did you notice any changes in how the trailer handles while pulling? I am not sure if I need it on mine or not, so I wouldn't mind some first hand experience. Thanks!
    2019 Imagine 2400bh
    2019 f150 XLT Crew, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    I know this is an older post, and I see in your signature that you have sold your 2400BH, but I just wanted to ask you about your experience with the Morryde equalizer and shackle upgrade. Do you think it was worth it and would you do it again? Did you notice any changes in how the trailer handles while pulling? I am not sure if I need it on mine or not, so I wouldn't mind some first hand experience. Thanks!
    No problem. I do think it is worth it, and would do it again without question. Two things I noticed right away is the groaning was greatly reduced when backing into our driveway (angled approach to a slant), and second that things inside did not shift nearly as much. The new trailer has rubber dampened equalizers from the factory, so will give those a shot, but if it was a solid equalizer, there would be no question about switching.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem. I do think it is worth it, and would do it again without question. Two things I noticed right away is the groaning was greatly reduced when backing into our driveway (angled approach to a slant), and second that things inside did not shift nearly as much. The new trailer has rubber dampened equalizers from the factory, so will give those a shot, but if it was a solid equalizer, there would be no question about switching.

Jim
    Thanks for the info! Like I said I am debating about doing that upgrade. Mostly because for some magical reason, I have been able to avoid having anything fall off the counter, no cupboards or drawers open, or even the little cups of peppermint oil and cotton balls move on us while driving. Of course now that I said that, once we arrive at our campground this weekend, it will be a mess in there .

I think I'll do that upgrade eventually in the next year or so, especially the HD shackles, bushings and bolts swaps. Unless I end up suffering from the bent axle syndrome, that might speed up that upgrade

Just curious, did you ever swap out your Westlakes?

Thanks again! Steve

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Thanks for the info! Like I said I am debating about doing that upgrade. Mostly because for some magical reason, I have been able to avoid having anything fall off the counter, no cupboards or drawers open, or even the little cups of peppermint oil and cotton balls move on us while driving. Of course now that I said that, once we arrive at our campground this weekend, it will be a mess in there .

I think I'll do that upgrade eventually in the next year or so, especially the HD shackles, bushings and bolts swaps. Unless I end up suffering from the bent axle syndrome, that might speed up that upgrade

Just curious, did you ever swap out your Westlakes?

Thanks again! Steve
    Nope, wasn't scared of the D rated ones, never heard of a problem with them, so planned on running them for quite some time. If they had been E rated, I would have swapped them out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a picture of the dash while sitting at a stoplight. The top is the TST pressure/temperature monitor, and the Furrion display at the bottom mounted below the vent with the suction cup mount.

Attachment 15631

I also added leak detection below the kitchen sink, and will do so in the bathroom as well. These Honeywell units use a rope about 3 feet long so that one sensor can cover a large area as opposed to the single point type. I drilled a small hole to pass the cable through and mounted the box above the heater vent.

Attachment 15632
    I'm curious how you used the suction cup mount in that location? What did it 'suction' to? I have a 2019 F150 that looks very similar to your setup and I'm thinking about getting the Furrion system as well. What size screen did you get? I was thinking about putting it at the top where you have the TST monitor, but now you have me thinking about this location.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhastings14 View Post
    I'm curious how you used the suction cup mount in that location? What did it 'suction' to? I have a 2019 F150 that looks very similar to your setup and I'm thinking about getting the Furrion system as well. What size screen did you get? I was thinking about putting it at the top where you have the TST monitor, but now you have me thinking about this location.
    With that setup, it just kind of sat there without a mount on it. Today I have a bigger screen, and suction cup it to the windshield overlapping part of the rear view mirror as it serves no purpose while towing.

Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sense I don’t have a 3D printer - how can I get 2 of these snap in dimmer plates? I have the dimmers coming.
    Great ideas!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by radioman42001 View Post
    with a Shakespeare 4186U Nylon Ratchet Mount so that we can easily lay it flat for travel, and set it up in seconds. Right now it is attached to the ladder.

Your mods are great. Looks very well done. Guess i have some projects [emoji4]

How did you bring in the weboost antenna wire? I couldn't find a way in thru the bottom.

Thanks for sharing the details of the work you did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Could you bring it in the backup camera mount?
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast