User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are great ideas and mods, love the reading light replacements! We're starting the process of trading in on a 2600RB, I think the reading lights will be the first mod ;-)

Thanks!
    Mike

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just about done

It has been a long time since I have done an update. It is nearly done and ready for travel now.

The solar is working well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9768.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	20646

the wiring is mostly tucked away, still need a couple more USB cables. Oh yeah more to come about that, but here is a picture.

Name:	IMG_9775.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	20647

I had some extra trim pieces left from another modification, so used that for a nice battery holder base. The trim is around the batteries on all 3 sides, there is foam between them, and foam between them and the wall as well as a heavy battery strap across the top. I used some of the same foam to make a cut out to protect the positive terminals. Eventually I will probably make a more protective box, but this will do for now.

Name:	20190609_165213.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	20648

Those astute nerds in the bunch will notice a Raspberry Pi mounted just inside the door on the left. It turns out that VictronEnergy is even more amazing than I thought they were. The Venus product is actually an arm based micro computer under the covers, and they have made the Venus software available to the DIY bunch. I set up a Raspberry Pi 2B with the software, used my USB-MK3 cable, and tied it too my MultiPlus. Woot! I have a portable CCGX on my phone. Tomorrow 2 more cables show up and I can tie everything together for a full monitoring solution. As it is right now, I can get to everything and everything is programmed, but I need to be close to it to reach the BlueTooth radios.

Name:	Screenshot_2019-06-10 gd-2400bh - VRM Portal.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	20649

Name:	20190610_220804.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	20650

I'm pretty happy with how it all came together.

Jim
    Last edited by jh.xsnrg; 06-10-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks fantastic Jim. I am taking delivery of a 2020 2400BH next month towing with a 2017 Ford F-150 V8.

I am curious what you suggest for starter equipment in preparation for a possible system like this over time. (Maybe next summer install solar)

The dealer suggests I purchase 2x6v lead acid batteries for a $400 Canadian upgrade over the single 12v lead acid included but I was thinking maybe 1 battle born lithium to get me started and add more later. I understand that I will need to replace the power control for the battery to charge properly. Does The Victron equipment replace the power controller in the 2400bh? I will mainly be using the rig for long weekend trips and it’ll be kept in storage with no shore power. I just picked up a Honda 2200 generator and I will installing an EasyStart 364 Soft Starter on the AC.
    If you have some time to point me in the best direction I’d appreciate it.

Cheers
    Dan

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    Those astute nerds in the bunch will notice a Raspberry Pi mounted just inside the door on the left. It turns out that VictronEnergy is even more amazing than I thought they were.
    Cool, which Raspberry Pi 2B did you get? Was it a kit with an enclosure?

Thanks,
    Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,

Question on the dimmer switch for main lighting, is it just a simple replacement of the switch? Remove the wires off the current OEM switch, connect them to the new dimmer switch and install?

The adapter, I assume you made that..any place to purchase them since I have no way of making one?
    Last edited by reeldirtydawg; 06-11-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan, if you can swing it, go with the Lithium. You won't regret it, and can add to it later. You will save a lot of weight over 2 6v GC batteries as well as have the same capacity usable. You can even leave your factory wfco in there for now. It won't hurt the battery, it just won't fully charge it is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Borg View Post
    Looks fantastic Jim. I am taking delivery of a 2020 2400BH next month towing with a 2017 Ford F-150 V8.

I am curious what you suggest for starter equipment in preparation for a possible system like this over time. (Maybe next summer install solar)

The dealer suggests I purchase 2x6v lead acid batteries for a $400 Canadian upgrade over the single 12v lead acid included but I was thinking maybe 1 battle born lithium to get me started and add more later. I understand that I will need to replace the power control for the battery to charge properly. Does The Victron equipment replace the power controller in the 2400bh? I will mainly be using the rig for long weekend trips and it’ll be kept in storage with no shore power. I just picked up a Honda 2200 generator and I will installing an EasyStart 364 Soft Starter on the AC.
    If you have some time to point me in the best direction I’d appreciate it.

Cheers
    Dan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Cool, which Raspberry Pi 2B did you get? Was it a kit with an enclosure?

Thanks,
    Gene
    Hi Gene, it was a kit with a case, a heat sink, the Pi 2B, and a power supply

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    Jim,

Question on the dimmer switch for main lighting, is it just a simple replacement of the switch? Remove the wires off the current OEM switch, connect them to the new dimmer switch and install?

The adapter, I assume you made that..any place to purchase them since I have no way of making one?
    Hi Brian, The dimmer is a drop in replacement. It has 3 wires on it, you tie two of them together and connect it in. The adapter you can find on Thingiverse. If you do not have a printer, they will print a few and ship them to you (for a price of course).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized I am mixing my posts up between this thread and the dedicated electrical thread. Oh well. The electric system is done now, so it is a mod. #winning .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,

Thanks, that was a pretty easy process of ordering through Thingiverse; learn something new everyday.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast