1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a Dometic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the Dinosaur Electronics UIB64 Ignition Board work in a Dometic GC6AA-10E 6 gal.
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just called the Dinosaur tech and he confirmed that the UIB 64 will work with the Demetic unit.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I've seen these reports so many times I'm going to just replace my board (it is currently working) as a preventive measure.
    Grand Design will refer you to Dometic for warranty replacement. I went through this last year.

Dometic and Atwood are the same company. Suburban is the other manufacture of water heaters in our trailers.

I ordered a Dometic replacement board ffrom Amazon Prime si I could get it in 2 days. I filed a warranty claim with Dometic/Atwood. Then I had to send the defective board to Dometic to verify it was defective. They reeimbursed me for the board and shipping to return it to them. They didn’t reimburse the Amazon sales tax

It took several weeks to get refund. In the mean time I ordered a Dinosaur UIB64 board for my spare parts box for the next time I need one. I also ordered a spare thermostat Assy https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016ZBP1Q/ and a spare spark sense Assy https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007XS06Q/ for my spare parts box.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I've seen these reports so many times I'm going to just replace my board (it is currently working) as a preventive measure.
    Preventive maintenance? Radical idea, replacing parts before they fail!

Our 2017 water heater has the "whine." Silicone on the back of the board just lessened it. It's only a matter of time before failure. Dino has a 3 year warranty too?

Gotta Dinosaur Electronics UIB64 Ignition Board in the Amazon cart. Plan to do the full water heater service/flush and check the ignitor when the board arrives.

So much better than an angry wife with no hot water! After 35 years, I have learned a few things about marriage..
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheeba View Post
    Will the Dinosaur Electronics UIB64 Ignition Board work in a Dometic GC6AA-10E 6 gal.
    My product number says the same, but instructions/paperwork with RV says Atwood. 2018 303RLS. Need to order the board. will it work?

Bill G

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    My product number says the same, but instructions/paperwork with RV says Atwood. 2018 303RLS. Need to order the board. will it work?

Bill G
    Dometic bought Atwood a few years ago and the exact same heater is now sold under the Dometic brand name. The dinosaur board works on dometic and Atwood RV water heaters. It will not work on the Suburban brand WH.

Our Atwood WH board failed last year and i called Dometic for warranty service. I actually bought a new board on Amazon and installed it the next day. I opened a warranty claim with Dometic. They requested that I send back my old board for testing. After they received it and verified it was defective they sent me a check for my Amazon purchase plus reimbursed me for the shipping cost to send them my old board.

I since then ordered a dinosaur board that I keep in my spare parts box. I also have a thermal cutoff switch kit, a spark and sense electrode and a thermostat assembly, all purchased via Amazon.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Dometic bought Atwood a few years ago and the exact same heater is now sold under the Dometic brand name. The dinosaur board works on dometic and Atwood RV water heaters. It will not work on the Suburban brand WH.

Our Atwood WH board failed last year and i called Dometic for warranty service. I actually bought a new board on Amazon and installed it the next day. I opened a warranty claim with Dometic. They requested that I send back my old board for testing. After they received it and verified it was defective they sent me a check for my Amazon purchase plus reimbursed me for the shipping cost to send them my old board.

I since then ordered a dinosaur board that I keep in my spare parts box. I also have a thermal cutoff switch kit, a spark and sense electrode and a thermostat assembly, all purchased via Amazon.
    Thanks, Jerry. The spec on the Dinosaur says that it is 10" X 10". The current one on the 303 is more like 3" X6". Will that matter?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    Thanks, Jerry. The spec on the Dinosaur says that it is 10" X 10". The current one on the 303 is more like 3" X6". Will that matter?
    10x10 may be the size of the shipping box.

The UIB-64 is the same size as the original board, about 3x5”. You use the same screws and screw holes to install.
    Jerry & Linda

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast