User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about quick connect for spray hose on a 290BH

I have to winterize a Reflection 290BH for a family member this weekend. It has an outside quick connect spray port near the outdoor kitchen for the spray hose. I can't find any tap to control this. Is this plumbed directly to a water line? Is this connected to the hot water only?

Thanks
    Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is no control it is probably plumbed into the cold water line. Also check around camper for an outside spay connection.
    Not the same but our 29RS has an outside spray port.
    When winterizing connect spray hose to get antifreeze into that line if that is what you are using.
    If you are using air pressure to get rid of water in the lines do the same.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    If there is no control it is probably plumbed into the cold water line. Also check around camper for an outside spay connection.
    Not the same but our 29RS has an outside spray port.
    When winterizing connect spray hose to get antifreeze into that line if that is what you are using.
    If you are using air pressure to get rid of water in the lines do the same.

Brian
    My son in law said he gets hot water only from it. I’ll investigate on the weekend. I wonder if it’s connected to the wrong supply line. I’ll drain then pump antifreeze through it regardless of how it’s plumbed.
    I believe there is another outlet at the control panel.
    Thanks for your reply Brian.
    Bob

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought this from Amazon to use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get the quick connect to go in all the way on my rear spray port on my 29RS. What's up?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hogcard View Post
    I can't get the quick connect to go in all the way on my rear spray port on my 29RS. What's up?
    Try to release the water pressure before hooking up spray port. Turn of water supply and open kitchen sink to do this. These quick connects are tight little buggers.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is quite common. Mine has a warning label that states: “ insert a small screwdriver into valve center and tap slightly with a hammer. This will free the QC valve and release the pressure. Lubrication will help prevent reoccurrence.”
    I’ve never done this but I noticed the label the other day.
    Bob

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve got a 2020 29RS with the quick connect in the back. The only problem is I can’t get the hose from the outside shower to snap in. I’m releasing the connection properly but can’t get the hose in. Need to figure this out before winter.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoRVers View Post
    I’ve got a 2020 29RS with the quick connect in the back. The only problem is I can’t get the hose from the outside shower to snap in. I’m releasing the connection properly but can’t get the hose in. Need to figure this out before winter.
    Hi CO,
    The attachment IS impossible to make with any water pressure in the system. (You’ll just get wet if you try.) Release the pressure, as stated above, by turning off water supply and turning on your inside faucet(s). At this point, connection is merely really hard to make. I believe this is because it’s recessed, so you can only get a finger grip to force the quick-connect in, same for pushing in the collar slide at the same time. My solution is to use a wide flat-head screwdriver to push back the collar, and a channel-lock to grip the quick-connect, that way, the grip on both parts is whole hand-strong, rather than just finger-strong. Either way, you have to push really hard!
    You’re ahead of the game, since you remembered that the port must be winterized, EVEN if you never used it!!! Read a sad story on here from someone who didn’t.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L