Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

312BHTS Actual weights?

I posted this on the 312BHTS facebook page as well.

Curious about peoples weights. I weighed my setup on my way home from our first, 3 night trip. First, I can already see that my weight distributing hitch needs some adjustment to bring some weight back down on the steer axle. I could feel that a little driving too.

More concerning, and the reason for this post, is the actual trailer weight appears to be 10,800 if I am doing my math right, subtracting out the weight of the TV in the second photo.

We had no water in in any tanks. Nearly empty fridges in both areas. No cases of water, etc. We do not have a washer/dryer. Lawn chairs, etc. were all actually in the bed of the truck. We only packed enough clothing for a long weekend for 2 adults and 3 girls. Many of the larger storage areas were completely empty (under dinette seats, both cabinets next to the master bed were completely empty, only fishing poles in cabinet above bed, cabinet above toilet was empty, only had an acoustic guitar in the under bed storage).

I have two tool boxes, hoses and normal camping gear in the pass through, and we have the 22” Blackstone griddle in the outdoor kitchen. Other than that, nothing heavy but normal pots, pans etc.

This leaves only 190lbs of weight for future trips to be within GVWR?!?

Something seems off to me, but I cannot figure it out. I would be curious to know if others have weighed their rigs, and if so, what weights you got.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51236624-BE69-4ADD-8812-87EF2C628A90.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	15582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	639F0846-A87C-482A-93B0-31A98555464B.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	15583
    Mike & Maggie
    Paige, Molly, Delaney & Bridget (yes, 4 daughters)
    Chocolate Lab - Seamus
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2017 F-250 Lariat SCREW Gasser 6.2L, SRW, shortbed
    14k Equal-I-Zer Hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your math seems correct. When you picked up your trailer there should have been a sheet included that provided all the empty trailer weights. It should have hitch weight, right and left side weights. Check that to confirm trailer weight from the factory. This should help figure out what you have.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a gas F250 something is wrong or you have a lot of weight in your truck. My Diesel 2015 1 ton weight in at 8220 including B&W hitch loaded ready to camp and your gas is weighing in at 8440 and diesel should be about 800 pounds heavier. Your truck at 8440 and GVWR of 10,000 only gives you a payload of 1560 left over for payload. What is your payload on your yellow sticker on your door jam? It should be around 3,000 pounds. By all stubby pencil weight calculations, you should be well within your truck GVWR.

This is why even if you think your will below all your ratings you should weight at least once just to make sure.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    If you have a gas F250 something is wrong or you have a lot of weight in your truck. My Diesel 2015 1 ton weight in at 8220 including B&W hitch loaded ready to camp and your gas is weighing in at 8440 and diesel should be about 800 pounds heavier. Your truck at 8440 and GVWR of 10,000 only gives you a payload of 1560 left over for payload. What is your payload on your yellow sticker on your door jam? It should be around 3,000 pounds. By all stubby pencil weight calculations, you should be well within your truck GVWR.

This is why even if you think your will below all your ratings you should weight at least once just to make sure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44A35C6E-4C0B-43BA-8066-C601C04F3DA1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	15587[ATTACH=CONFIG]15588[/ATTACH[ATTACH=CONFIG]15588[/ATTACH
    Door stickers attached

Cargo capacity is 2824. We had 2 adults and 3 teens. Besides myself weighing in at 215, the rest are females, none overweight. (Smart enough not to publish any of their weights ). We did have our 80lb lab with us. The hitch was still on when weighing the truck. In the bed of the truck was a harbor freight pancake compressor, a kobalt electirix leaf blower, a fold up “stick” ladder that weighs about 30lbs, my fly fishing gear (not too heavy) and a few odds and ends. No firewood. I had actually moved my folding chairs to another vehicle. There were a couple of scraps of wood for leveling and some ratchet straps. Let’s just say, plenty of walking around room in there. I do have a hard folding tonneau that adds some weight. I was still under the 10,000lb limit, but not by much. I am going to have to really keep an eye on all of this moving forward.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D31DFE16-A6DB-46A0-99FA-B65B17670E1A.jpg   269286A4-6051-4030-A73F-87960EE057F2.jpg  

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on what the factory sheet says without propane tanks, batteries and other stuff you have loaded 1200 lbs of stuff into your trailer. 2 full propane tanks is about 100 lbs and then a battery maybe another 60 lbs so seems like you have about 1000 lbs of stuff that you have loaded into the trailer. Roughly 800 - 900 in passengers and dog in the truck plus the stuff in the box. Adds up quick.
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subtract your yellow tag payload rating from the 10,000 the truck weighed 7176 the day it left the factory. Since the day it left the factory you have added 1264 pounds to the truck. That's what the math says. If you didn't add that much the only other conclusion that I think of is the scales are off.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    Subtract your yellow tag payload rating from the 10,000 the truck weighed 7176 the day it left the factory. Since the day it left the factory you have added 1264 pounds to the truck. That's what the math says. If you didn't add that much the only other conclusion that I think of is the scales are off.
    I’m going to guess the scales are right. I am not as surprised by the truck as I am the trailer. Mainly because with so many empty cupboards and cabinets as it is, and empty fridge and tanks, I can’t even imagine what the typical 312 is rolling around at fully loaded. Kind of scary. Most concerning is my springs on the trailer are already not looking too healthy even when it is within weight. Don’t like to think about what they will look like if I tip over the weights limit. I took some pictures of the springs the same trip I weighed it and I am taking it to the dealer to look at once it is winterized.
    Mike & Maggie
    Paige, Molly, Delaney & Bridget (yes, 4 daughters)
    Chocolate Lab - Seamus
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2017 F-250 Lariat SCREW Gasser 6.2L, SRW, shortbed
    14k Equal-I-Zer Hitch