User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBD oil, behavior and health improvements

For those thinking about trying CBD oil for their pets this is what we've experienced with Koda. If you are thinking about it give it a chance. Shop the internet , the 300mg dose can be found for right around $50 - $60 not the $90 or more you first find. @ 65 lbs a bottle lasts us about 5/6 weeks

We are just past the 6 month mark since we started giving Koda CBD oil (King Kanine brand King Kalm 300mg) He gets a little less than the theraputic recomended dosage now that it's well into his system.

The changes we've seen are mind blowing. He has become more social with people and some dogs. Before the oil he would not be friendly with dogs he did not know very often.
    He'll now approach people without being prompted ,which is something he never did in the past. He's learned being nice gets attention, pettings and sometimes a treat . Before CBD he would try to intimidate and most times be quite fear reactive. People that know him are amazed at the difference in him and how much calmer he is. My son asked who is this dog and where is the real Koda. Lol He is still an energetic goofy Aussie just less reactive to situations.

Another great change is he is less noise reactive, no more trying to hide in strange spots. This change was evident within a week or so after starting the oil. We used to put him on the leash with only a couple feet to move so he would not harm himself or us trying to escape the thunder, firework or other sudden loud sounds. He has been know in the past to climb up on the computer cabinet and trying to hide behind the monitor. Or on top of our heads drooling during thunderstorms in the middle of the night. Those things have stopped. He now sits still close to us and pants but very little drool or pacing . He shows he is nervous but not over reacting. On days storms are forcasted his dose for the day it raised up some.

3. He only attacks the vaccuum cleaner about 50% of the time insteaad of all the time.

He has a small partial tear in his ACL, the pain seems less and he will run more while playing but seems to know when to slow it down.

This is another big one. He had a large non cancerous fatty tumor on his neck and it was getting larger at a good pace. When we started the oil it was slightly larger than golf ball size and pretty solid feeling. I looked at it yesterday for the first time in about 6 weeks and had a hard time even finding it. It's shrunk about the size of a grape and is less firm. We had read it could reduce tumor size but were skeptical..

I'm now a believer in what CBD can do and Koda will be on it for life.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ought to see what CBD oil can do for humans. My wife has had severe skeletal problems since age 28, and she went on Social Security disability at age 52. A laminectomy was done to combat spinal stenosis, and she's had dozens and dozens of cortisone injections. Mid foot arthritis had her where she could barely walk and she had a knee replacement in June.

After being a pain management clinic patient for 20 years, my wive's been on controlled substances for pain. Every person in severe pain is going to have depression problems and possibly anxiety issues.

My stepdaughter has been on CBD oil for pain and depression, and it has made a remarkable improvement to the point where she's off all medicines. And she's also now very laid back, instead of being so uptight all the time.

My wife started on CBD oil 6 weeks ago, and she's almost a different person. She's down 1/3 in pain medicines, and she can actually walk again on her bad feet. And she's mellower than she was taking Klonipan. She ran taking the stuff by her pain management doctor (anesthesiologist) and he said go for it if it makes her feel better. And it has.

The CBD oil comes from hemp, and it has no drug affects like comes from marijuana. This is going to be a big, big deal in the future as we see CBD products come to market, including foods, lotions, etc. And it's going to really get in the back pocket of pharma--unless they too go into the CBD product business.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been strongly thinking about giving the oil a go for myself , what strength oil is your wife taking. I'm considering either 1000 or 1500. Will be talking to the Green Roads rep I buy from when we return to FL early next month. It's really sad the in the box medical community has not paid much attention to this. My rhumatologist had the same reply, try it if you want . But he was interested in hearing about any results I get.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We currently use Green Roads CBD oil. Have been using that brand for about a year. They have great discount programs , they are listed at the bottom of the home page. Koda is no longer with us but we have a new fear reactive Aussie and she is getting a small dose to aid in calming so training out some of the fear reactiveness is easier. I am hopeful this will work as good for her as it did Koda
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experience, CBD oil helps with "calming" pets down. I've heard of people using it for arthritis as well.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have restless leg syndrome - I play soccer in my sleep. Really keeps DW awake! I have been using CBD tablets and the problem is gone. I tried the real stuff and it left me tired all the next day. I never could smoke that stuff or anything else, so that was not an option. I use the tabs as needed. I did have a Px for the syndrome - miraflex, I think was the name but the side effects are dangerous. Only side effect of the CBD was a bit of burping. I have not tried the oil - the tabs are the plant itself. We have a big crop here in Delta County, Colorado. I have used a cream which contains CBD and some other oils and it help with muscle pain. I'm lucky - my sister makes this up for me.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you give it to your dogs?
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2017 Ram 3500 4X4 Megacab DRW CTD Aisin with B&W companion hitch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Only side effect of the CBD was a bit of burping. I have not tried the oil - the tabs are the plant itself. We have a big crop here in Delta County, Colorado. I have used a cream which contains CBD and some other oils and it help with muscle pain. I'm lucky - my sister makes this up for me.

I had to stop the oil for myself due to it flaring up my acid reflux severly. Thought about the pills but if you're burping from the pills it may not be a good option. So far topically it is not making me burp.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 09-06-2020 at 09:11 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roady1 View Post
    How do you give it to your dogs?
    I use a dosing syringe (no needle type) and put it in the dogs mouth, a pretty easy task. The current 9 month old likes it and it is helping train a reactive puppy , hoping that someday she won't need the oil .
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CBD oil acts as an anti inflammatory which help our little doggies when they get older. We had our 15 yo golden on it for about three years before she crossed over The Rainbow Bridge. Made a big difference in her ability to get around and she also slept better at night.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast