User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Utility Center on Imagine 2400BH

I'm considering an Imagine 2400BH. One concern I have is the Utility Center located in a storage compartment. I can see the advantages but I'm concerned about potential leak issues and failure of the valves switching from City water to the fresh water tank etc. Also if anyone has any general tips from experience.

Thanks,
    Garrett

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven’t had any plumbing leaks. But when I would disconnect water hose, I would get a little water drip and splash into the general area and didn’t think much of it, figuring it would just dry up. But eventually over use the wood faux paper on the trim and side panel started peeling off. It’s just not water resistant at all. So I replaced the trim and side panel with real wood and plywood and painted it black. Also the black plastic drip pan with the access hole and flip up cover is in two pieces, the round center part screws over the drip pan part. When I took it apart to replace the damaged trim, I discovered that there was no gasket or sealant between the pieces, so some water that dripped in the pan was getting into the floor between the viny floor and the OSB. So I sealed it before I put it back together. In other words, don’t get any of that area wet when you disconnect the water hose. That area is not water resistant.
    Pete D.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tips. Those are the kind of things I'm concerned about. Having the water connections "inside" seems a bit odd. It sounds like some caulk and keeping an old towel handy may be required.

Than you.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just used this water connection for the first time on my new trailer and noticed that you get the spray/dripping when disconnecting the hose. I agree that having the water connection inside doesn't make the most sense. I'm considering getting the short 4ft (possibly in conjunction with a brass elbow). I would then leave the 4ft hose connect all the time (expect in the winter) and feed it through the hole and connect/disconnect the other water hose outside the pass through storage compartment. Has anyone went this route?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully the area it would drip is plastic and recessed. It does a good job of funneling the drips anyway. The secret is to unhook the hydrant end of the hose first
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
    . I'm considering getting the short 4ft (possibly in conjunction with a brass elbow). I would then leave the 4ft hose connect all the time (expect in the winter) and feed it through the hole and connect/disconnect the other water hose outside the pass through storage compartment. Has anyone went this route?
    I have done almost exactly this. I've picked up some hose mending ends, for 1/2 inch hose, cut a hose 3' from the near end, and put on the fittings. I have a brass 90, then my short leg of hose, a cut-off valve, my pressure regulator, and my external water filter, then I go out all the way to the hydrant (I like the reference!). I do not leave it connected and dangling, however. I'll turn it off at the valve, break the connection, and let the little water remaining in the tail drain, then D/C from my utility panel.
    Last edited by Gimpyknee; 08-19-2019 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Spellcheck
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually love having the utility center inside the trailer - everything is in one place and I'm not running hoses and the cable TV line to one place instead of attached to the back of the trailer, the side, toward the front, next to the black tank flush, etc. So many trailers look like they're hooked up to 17 IV's over their entire body.

A couple of tips to streamline the connections at the utility center: First, get a brass 90 degree elbow to screw into the freshwater intake. Way too cumbersome to try to screw a water hose into the connection without an elbow. Second, the outside shower hose is right there under the freshwater connection; when disconnecting, turn off the supply at the source and simply open both the hot and cold faucets then press the spray nozzle on the coil hose that comes with the coach. Water that is above the freshwater connection will drain away and only a few drops will be released from the freshwater connection. What little drips down to the plastic tray is easily dried up with a towel kept nearby. Also, flip up the cap below the connection through which the hose and cable enter the basement - that way any spillage from the connection just drips on the ground below the trailer.

The fresh water fill/city water connection switch is very secure - I haven't had anything move it even slightly in our travels. It's also very convenient; I like having one connection point to fill the freshwater tank or connect to the campground supply. I don't have to use that silly little adapter on the end of a hose and stuff it down a fill tube to get the freshwater tank full.

In previous trailers I've had connections all over the trailer - water on the back wall, cable TV on the street side rear corner, black tank flush on the street side right above the 30 amp connection. Seemed I was walking all the way around the trailer a couple of times making connections just to get set up and torn down and the campsite.

In my opinion there is little to worry about with the utility center.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have 2400BH (2019) I bought it about 3 months ago.
    Actually I have no problem with the utility console located inside and I never heard of any problems either.

Anyway, I love the floor plan and that is why we bought 2400bh.
    Good luck with your adventure.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is how I have it set up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180718_153826.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	22143 I have since added a 3ft hose to the filter so my connection to the main hose is outside the compartment.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    This is how I have it set up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180718_153826.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	22143 I have since added a 3ft hose to the filter so my connection to the main hose is outside the compartment.
    The layout on that utility center is very different from the 2400/2800BH. I don’t think I could put a filter inside the pass through - the shower/spicket connection is at the bottom rather than the top and there is only one water connection.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast