User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th Wheel Pin Box Cover

I am looking for a 5th wheel hitch pin box cover to use while the RV is in storage and to keep the birds from building nests. I know there is a company called Hitch Vest but it is bulky for travel. Does anyone know of a canvas or neoprene cover that might have a draw string or zipper to cinch it closed? I have the Reese Airborne Sidewinder pin box (#61412), which is larger than the standard pin box, so, not even sure the Hitch Vest work fit anyway. A trash bag works for now but looks really bad.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Rocky View Post
    I am looking for a 5th wheel hitch pin box cover to use while the RV is in storage and to keep the birds from building nests. I know there is a company called Hitch Vest but it is bulky for travel. Does anyone know of a canvas or neoprene cover that might have a draw string or zipper to cinch it closed? I have the Reese Airborne Sidewinder pin box (#61412), which is larger than the standard pin box, so, not even sure the Hitch Vest work fit anyway. A trash bag works for now but looks really bad.
    Check with your local awing or upholstery places and perhaps they can make you one, but from what I just saw on the Hitch Vest if you catch it on sale it might be a good deal.

If your handy with sowing you could probably make your own out of vinyl. As for the birds nesting a bit of chicken wire wedged in the opening will solve that.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Check with your local awing or upholstery places and perhaps they can make you one, but from what I just saw on the Hitch Vest if you catch it on sale it might be a good deal.

If your handy with sowing you could probably make your own out of vinyl. As for the birds nesting a bit of chicken wire wedged in the opening will solve that.
    I really like the chicken wire idea.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I could make a small metal plate for the front and back sides to cover the openings and held in place with magnets while in storage. Thanks, the chicken wire idea got the ball rolling with that thought but I will also try a waterproof laundry bag in the meantime until I fabricate the covers.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple stuff a big towel in there
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 344GK
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor