User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy others are finding benefit in the post. Its exactly why I joined this forum, there's so much knowledge here that I benefited from and simply want to pay it forward. If anyone has questions about the rail version Andersen hitch or Rambox truck, I'd be willing to tell you what I've experienced.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2018 Ram3500 and RLS337 ,looks like what you have. Put a Reese Goose Box so I can hook to ball . Turning looks much like your pictures. However I have ordered a Momentum 353G. Don’t know if Goose Box will give enough clearance, but will give it a try. Word is it should work. Any comments out there?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    I know this has been covered before but I wanted to share my experience in a new post. I never really checked to see how far I could turn my fifth wheel with my setup. As my signature says, I have a Ram 3500 with a 6'4" bed and Rambox tool boxes. I use the Andersen rail mount hitch in my truck. My Andersen is setup in the short bed orientation with the pyramiadal frame to the rear. I also have the coupler reversed. The ball socket is positioned behind the king pin of the pinbox. I have the ball height in the middle position. I have a Reflection fifth wheel. So before storing it for the winter I decided to take it to a parking lot to check turning ability. The parking lot wasn't very level and had lots of dips. It wasn't extreme but surely not great. I could get dang near 90 degrees. I stopped turning before something bad happened! Attached are pictures. In my experiences so far I know I've never had to get myself in this position. I was close once but that was in a rare instance and looking at the tires scares me! If I had a Solitude, there would be contact surely before getting to a 90 degree. Hopefully the pictures help if someone out there is trying to make an informed decision about this setup. Even though I didn't get a full 90, I'm still 100% for my Andersen hitch.

Attachment 15605

Attachment 15606

Attachment 15607

Attachment 15608
    Thanks for this! I have a similar setup and have been pondering a Solitude, which would be another 3” wider per side. Looking at your pictures I am guessing I could get to maybe 75 degrees? Might be ok for most situations...I do not want to give up the Andersen if at all possible. Oh, kingpin adapter block is set forward since I do not have Ramboxes, but that benefit disappears the sharper the angle.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyman View Post
    I have 2018 Ram3500 and RLS337 ,looks like what you have. Put a Reese Goose Box so I can hook to ball . Turning looks much like your pictures. However I have ordered a Momentum 353G. Don’t know if Goose Box will give enough clearance, but will give it a try. Word is it should work. Any comments out there?
    Hey Flyman, did you order the Momentum? Wondering how the clearance question worked out?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually still waiting for delivery of the 353G. Our dealer tells us should arrive first week of June. Will keep you posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12