User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by foe3643 View Post
    I'm feeling stupid, how do you get the old seat off? We can't seem to figure out how to get the peace behind the seat to come up so we can find the screw. Thanks, Cassy
    Use a flat blade screwdriver to flip open the white plastic “doors” behind the toilet seat. Under these covers are the heads of the plastic attaching bolts. You will have to reach under the back edge of the toilet to hold the nuts while you unscrew the bolts.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is Dometic should focus on making toilets. They seem to do that better than refrigerators.
    x5...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	17256
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I would add that I just installed the new toilet seat we got under warranty to replace our flimsy plastic one that had a broken (now that I have it off, just a backed out pin). It is a solid seat, solid lid and much nicer than the original one. Probably not as nice as what you can buy at HD or Lowes, but much better than the one that came with the coach. Also, not sure if they are always shipping the exact seat we got but would be worth a try, if you're still under warranty.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm late to this "potty talk" thread, but I'll show what I installed yesterday and why...

I upgraded mine for "sanitary reasons" rather than 'cus it was broken, which it was not. The OEM Thetford toilet seat/cover is functional however the reinforcement ribs on bottom side of the seat are difficult to fully clean. Think: "splash catchers" if you get my drift. I had the same style Thetford porcelain commode and plastic seat combo on my former Lance trailers and didn't like that aspect.

So with plans to use my recently acquired 337RLS for extended stays as 2nd home "park model style", I headed to the local Home Depot with Thetford seat/cover in hand to see what would fit. Actually, most anything intended for a round bowl should fit but in reality doesn't or at least not well. It took a few purchases with subsequent returns (thank you H-D!) with the one shown below as the winner. The issues with the Thetford round commode are; non-standard outer bowl profile and the raised area at rear of the bowl adjacent to the seat mounting holes. Most seats I considered and/or actually brought home for test fits either didn't match the bowl profile or with mounting tabs encroaching on that raised area.

The one shown is this linked American Standard Fluent Round Slow Closed Front Toilet Seat in White, which is high-grade plastic with underside hinge push buttons for quick release for complete cleaning of the bowl area. You'll see how well the shape and design complements the Thetford commode. I'll note that the seat would close as was designed to do, yet didn't fully contact the forward edge of the bowl until pressure applied (such as sitting on it). I bought a 2nd one same model which did likewise. A quick permanent fix was to place a neoprene rubber washer with same OD as the hinge mount gasket under that gasket which provided necessary clearance for break-over angle allowing seat to full close and contact the bowl on its own. Success!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A-S Fluent on Thetford 1.jpg   A-S Fluent on Thetford 2.jpg   A-S Fluent on Thetford 3.jpg   A-S Fluent on Thetford 4.jpg  
    Current RV: 2017 GD Reflection 337RLS
    Former RVs: 2017 Lance 1685, 2017 Lance 1475, 2011 Lance 1685, 2010 Casita 17SD

Tow vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 S-Cab FX4 6.2L MaxTow (obviously, not for current RV)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced ours with a soft close regular seat from Home Depot. Needless to say that cheap seat with those plastic ridges under it was a nightmare to keep clean with a five year old with the aiming skills of a low level Storm Trooper.
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg View Post
    A quick permanent fix was to place a neoprene rubber washer with same OD as the hinge mount gasket under that gasket which provided necessary clearance for break-over angle allowing seat to full close and contact the bowl on its own. Success!
    Can you clarify this statement? Not sure I understand. The pic below is what I *think* you're writing about.

Name:	Cover.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	17337
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    Thought I would add that I just installed the new toilet seat we got under warranty to replace our flimsy plastic one that had a broken (now that I have it off, just a backed out pin). It is a solid seat, solid lid and much nicer than the original one. Probably not as nice as what you can buy at HD or Lowes, but much better than the one that came with the coach. Also, not sure if they are always shipping the exact seat we got but would be worth a try, if you're still under warranty.
    I, too, thought our toilet seat had broken. Upon further inspection, it was that same pin that worked its way out. One side or another is usually sticking out a bit (enough to pull out with needle-nose pliers). Once one is out, the other is easily removed. Placed the whole thing in the shower, spayed with disinfectant bathroom cleaner, and hosed it down. I WISH I could do that at home, with my residential cover.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Can you clarify this statement? Not sure I understand. The pic below is what I *think* you're writing about.

Name:	Cover.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	17337
    ^^^ Yes, those are the hinge pin mounting points, better shown in A-S's install video here.

A-S includes both bottom mount and top mount hardware. I chose to use the top mount as the easiest method due to limited space to hold tapered rubber cone, flat neoprene washer and plastic wingnut without being dropped behind inside the commode recessed cavities. Using that method, the seat/cover installed securely, however as mentioned wouldn't fully close flush to the forward rim of the commode bowl. Its possible that it might have with bottom mount hardware was used but I doubt it. I already had (2) thin neoprene washers of same OD as A-S's rubber pin mount gaskets, so used one on each side to just slightly elevate the pin mount assembly which allowed seat/cover to close fully on its own without assistance. With the included white plastic cap placed over the pin mounts (after aligning seat/cover for fit), those neoprene washers aren't visible. Hope this helps clarify...

Tow vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 S-Cab FX4 6.2L MaxTow (obviously, not for current RV)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is the Dometic 320 is the way to go. I like how it flushes better and it takes as much to swap out as it does to change the seat on that Thetford Aqua Magic II that I pulled out. It's a near perfect fit.

GD, if you're listening Keystone is already using them.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ Although I'm pleased with my seat/cover swap, in hindsight would have considered that Dometic 320 at prox $195 which features an elongated commode bowl and includes a matching wood seat!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast