User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevermind--don't do it! I'm thinking that if a product has the word RV anywhere in it's name, it's actually code for making it disposable and charging more for it. My Dometic 320 leaks! In looking into it, it's actually a common design problem involving difficulty seating the porcelain against the plastic. WTF?! Thetford makes weird custom size that actually doesn't easily fit standard seats. Dometic apparently can't even make a toilet, let alone a fridge. Sorry for the rant, but look at my signature. Anyone know who makes a better elongated RV toilet?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If GD had only installed this toilet in our 2014 369RL instead of the donut style toilet.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    Nevermind--don't do it! I'm thinking that if a product has the word RV anywhere in it's name, it's actually code for making it disposable and charging more for it. My Dometic 320 leaks! In looking into it, it's actually a common design problem involving difficulty seating the porcelain against the plastic. WTF?! Thetford makes weird custom size that actually doesn't easily fit standard seats. Dometic apparently can't even make a toilet, let alone a fridge. Sorry for the rant, but look at my signature. Anyone know who makes a better elongated RV toilet?
    Not mine, sorry you're having trouble. Mine is approaching a year old after being installed in its second GD 5th wheel, no issue so far. Big improvement over the Thetford factory toilet.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the great idea and reference. I changed out our toilet seat this past weekend and it fits great.
    Jim

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another day, another mod...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg View Post
    ^^^ Yes, those are the hinge pin mounting points, better shown in A-S's install video here.
    For all the reasons previously stated (best was the "Storm Trooper" reference!) Fran replaced our seat this evening. She has a few extra tips to add to this thread. See pic below.

A "Thank You" to all forum members that previously contributed to this thread--made this a snap to accomplish! Highly recommended mod.

Also, here's the link to the installation manual: https://images.homedepot-static.com/...18fc7add2a.pdf

2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics. I did drop a piece into the toilet bowl cavity but was able to fish it out without any problem. Good tip on the paper towel idea. Also did not need any additional spacers and gaskets and it works as it should. We are leaving in may for a couple months across western US. I know its only a toilet seat change but every little bit helps for on the road comfort when you are using it daily for a long period of time. I also installed a screen door grab bar so I dont have to continue to fiddle with that door latch slide panel. Again, little steps toward comfort pay off in the long run.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ Seems I've started a trend!
    Current RV: 2017 GD Reflection 337RLS
    Former RVs: 2017 Lance 1685, 2017 Lance 1475, 2011 Lance 1685, 2010 Casita 17SD

Tow vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 S-Cab FX4 6.2L MaxTow (obviously, not for current RV)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea if the seat will work on Reflection 303rls, certainly like the idea to get to a residential seat with silent closure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poppy, did you have the aqua magic 2 originally and replaced with Dometic 320? I was reading another thread that told me the 320 wouldn’t fit because it needed 11” clearance from the wall…? Having trouble finding anything except the 320 right now in stock.
    Poppy’s 5th wheel
    Last edited by AyPoppe; 06-09-2021 at 08:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced our seat today with the American Standard Fluent. Fits well and is a snap to install as noted in earlier posts.

Does not appear to be available at Home Depot any more but it is at Menards.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread!
    Kent
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2019 F250 6.7 SB 4x4 B&W Companion slider
    GD 307MKS Dec. 2020, Jayco X17Z Hybrid 6 years, Jayco 308 Pop-up 18 years

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast