Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another GD Reflection on TV

Watching the newest "Going RV" last night and another couple chose the Reflection over two other units to be their new fulltime home. Great exposure for the GD family.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they would have shown more of the unit they chose in the end with the island. The original one they looked at was a peninsula model. I wasn't able to tell if either model was still being produced currently. I also wished they would show more than one new episode a week (greedy I guess ).

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a Grand Design owner or even a truck owner yet; but I am a big Grand Design Fan Boy. I am saving up money and waiting for the grease seals problem to be fixed before I buy. "Going RV" is my favorite show, and I love when a GD product is featured. From what I remember, whenever a GD is featured, that is what the family ends up buying.

It appears they are looking at a Reflection 357BHS at first: peninsula, bunk house, outdoor kitchen... But when they get to the bathroom and bedroom, it is not the 357BHS layout, possibly they switched to a 311BHS at that point.

The other thing odd is that on another RV they look at (3rd I think) they make a big deal about having an additional half bath. Both the 357BHS and 311BHS have an additional half bath. When they are in the bunk house looking toward the front you see the open door into the main living area, and the closed bathroom door to the left of this. Did they not think to look behind this mystery door? Did the salesman not know there was a half bath there?

I'm thinking that because this is reality TV, you can't make it obvious which RV they are going to buy (the 311BHS had everything they wanted) or the show would not be as much fun to watch. They have to build up the suspense. And just like a good TV mystery they throw in something at the end that swings the case, "the dealer was able to find a unit with an island instead of a peninsula..." OK, even though the families have already purchased their RV before the show was ever filmed I still like a good mystery and find the show fun to watch.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri View Post
    I'm not a Grand Design owner or even a truck owner yet; but I am a big Grand Design Fan Boy. I am saving up money and waiting for the grease seals problem to be fixed before I buy. .
    Don't let the grease seals stop you. In the grand scheme of things, repacking a set of wheel hubs is not a huge deal to get past this. I am in the process of purchase and will just make that a "term" as part of the deal.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]