User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rust concerns.

RENA16

Rust concerns.

Hello Everyone, I'm new here...my moniker is Rena16. After a lot of research my husband and I recently purchased our dream trailer, a Momentum 328! It was delivered last Friday, unfortunately there is a lot of rust on the undercarriage and on other components. I'm wondering if anyone here has had a similar issue, we are hoping Grand Design will help us with the rust as it is a new coach and we are the first owners. I'll attach a few photo's so you can better understand our concerns. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0441 (1280x848) (1024x588).jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	3060 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0442 (848x1280) (678x1024).jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	3061 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0447 (1280x848) (1024x546).jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	3063

I look forward to hearing from you and I'm excited to share our future adventures once this is behind us! :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0451 (1280x848) (1024x678).jpg  

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new camper!

Has this been discussed with the selling dealer and pictures forwarded to them? Not sure of your location, but looked like the unit was delivered to the dealer during the winter and not cleaned when received. Some rust is always present though your example is too excessive.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just out of curiosity, did you special order the trailer or was it a trailer in stock. In either case why did you accept the trailer if you had concerns about the rust?
    Ralph and Sheri Mutchler
    Reflection 303
    Snook, TX

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto - I'd not have accepted it in that condition. The dealer should have cleaned and repainted this, but since you accepted it you may have a battle on your hands. I've had zero rust issues in our first year of ownership, but I do check monthly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just guessing, but if the trailer is a 2015, it was most likely delivered to the dealer or a dealer in 2014. The dealer or dealers most likely took the fifth-wheel to a RV show in the winter time where they use salt as deicer. Then did not wash it off when they returned to the lot. Then they sold it to you and make you a great deal because they were getting the 2016s in and this was their last one (not counting the others in their storage lot). You may have a battle on your hands with the dealership. If they do not stand behind their customer service and do nothing. I would go to your local welding supply shop and see what product they recommend to use for stop rust. Follow their direction and steps to stop it and then repaint it. Good luck! and I am sure once you get past the bad taste of the dealer. you are going to really enjoy your 328 as I do!
    Glenn and Paula Butler
    2015 Momentum 328M
    2012 Chevy 3500 Dually
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's a lot of surface rust for a 2016. A PDI would of caught that. You'll want to get that taken care of sooner than later as rusting will continue.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently saw a 2015 380m in Oklahoma City that was rusty like that. It too was being sold as a new model.... with hail damage as well.

RENA16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new camper!

Has this been discussed with the selling dealer and pictures forwarded to them? Not sure of your location, but looked like the unit was delivered to the dealer during the winter and not cleaned when received. Some rust is always present though your example is too excessive.

Dave
    Hi Dave, thanks for looking in on my post. I have forwarded a host of photo's to dealership and we are currently in discussion with them. We are in California and purchased the coach from the Midwest region.

RENA16
    Quote Originally Posted by RGMutchler View Post
    Just out of curiosity, did you special order the trailer or was it a trailer in stock. In either case why did you accept the trailer if you had concerns about the rust?
    Hello RGMutchler, we could not find a 328 for sale in our area (only the larger rigs were available) we found this on in the Midwest area (we are in California.) I agree had we visually seen the rust we would not have purchased it, sadly it was not disclosed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know about ya, but i didn't lay on the ground and look under mine when i picked it up. I would think it would be fixed with this great customer service we have. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast